100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Chamber of Commerce
The Granville County Chamber of Commerce and Granville Health System are sponsoring a welcome event for new teachers coming to Granville County on Tuesday, August 13, 2019, from 3 until 5 p.m. on the grounds and in the cafeteria at the Masonic Home for Children, 600 College Street, Oxford.
This event will welcome and recognize new employees to Granville County who are being employed at Falls Lake Academy, Granville County Public Schools and Oxford Preparatory School.
The Homecoming Tailgate event will provide an opportunity to meet local elected officials, as well as business owners and leaders in Granville County.
Upon arrival, new teachers will be met by Chamber of Commerce staff and volunteers and will be encouraged to take selfies of their “First Day of School” with their cellphone cameras. Cheerleaders from each of the schools have been invited to greet and welcome the new teacher arrivals to the event.
Presiding will be Tanya Evans/Duke Energy, President of the Chamber, with remarks from event sponsor Granville Health System CEO John Snow.
Guests will enjoy typical tailgate food in the cafeteria and will hear remarks from Vance-Granville Community College President, Dr. Rachel Desmarais, as well as each administrator from the three schools.
The outside grounds at the Masonic Home will have a tailgate atmosphere with tents where Chamber of Commerce member businesses have been invited to set up tables with their business information and to bring interactive games to go along with the tailgate/Homecoming theme. Sponsor Granville Health System plans to have a sports medicine tent at the event.
The Chamber is preparing new teacher gift bags, provided by GHS. Chamber member businesses wishing to contribute items for gift bags for the 100 new teachers should contact either of the Chamber’s offices – Toni Anne Wheeler, 919.528.4994, [email protected] or Wanda Garrett, 919.693.6125, [email protected].
Connect With The Author
- VGCC Holds Convocation, Recognizes Employees’ Years of Service - August 20, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Set for ‘Cruise-In’ and ‘Movie Under the Stars’ - August 20, 2019
- Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist to Host Choir Day 2019 - August 20, 2019
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019