100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Chamber of Commerce
The Granville County Chamber of Commerce and Granville Health System are sponsoring a welcome event for new teachers coming to Granville County on Tuesday, August 13, 2019, from 3 until 5 p.m. on the grounds and in the cafeteria at the Masonic Home for Children, 600 College Street, Oxford.
This event will welcome and recognize new employees to Granville County who are being employed at Falls Lake Academy, Granville County Public Schools and Oxford Preparatory School.
The Homecoming Tailgate event will provide an opportunity to meet local elected officials, as well as business owners and leaders in Granville County.
Upon arrival, new teachers will be met by Chamber of Commerce staff and volunteers and will be encouraged to take selfies of their “First Day of School” with their cellphone cameras. Cheerleaders from each of the schools have been invited to greet and welcome the new teacher arrivals to the event.
Presiding will be Tanya Evans/Duke Energy, President of the Chamber, with remarks from event sponsor Granville Health System CEO John Snow.
Guests will enjoy typical tailgate food in the cafeteria and will hear remarks from Vance-Granville Community College President, Dr. Rachel Desmarais, as well as each administrator from the three schools.
The outside grounds at the Masonic Home will have a tailgate atmosphere with tents where Chamber of Commerce member businesses have been invited to set up tables with their business information and to bring interactive games to go along with the tailgate/Homecoming theme. Sponsor Granville Health System plans to have a sports medicine tent at the event.
The Chamber is preparing new teacher gift bags, provided by GHS. Chamber member businesses wishing to contribute items for gift bags for the 100 new teachers should contact either of the Chamber’s offices – Toni Anne Wheeler, 919.528.4994, [email protected] or Wanda Garrett, 919.693.6125, [email protected].
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019