-Press Release, Granville County Government
Granville County Tourism Development Director Angela Allen is attending the Southeast Tourism Society (STS) Marketing College May 12 through May 17. The session covers a broad-based curriculum of courses designed to teach marketing techniques from all facets of the tourism industry.
Allen was named the recipient of a full scholarship through the Miles Partnership, a worldwide marketing services team which helps promote travel experiences, to attend this session. A selection committee comprised of industry professionals notified Allen in February that she had been chosen for this scholarship, which covers tuition and accommodations.
“The scholarship selection committee recognizes your hard work and dedication to the tourism industry in North Carolina,” Allen’s award notification read. “We are pleased to offer you this scholarship in support of your continued success.”
This is the second time Allen has received this scholarship from the Miles Partnership. The 2017 “Rising Star” of the North Carolina Tourism Industry Association continues to gain leadership and marketing skills at this training session, which is being held on the campus of the University of North Georgia in Dahlonega, GA.
Connect With The Author
- BoE Announces Henderson Candidates; Filing Extended for 3rd Ward - July 19, 2019
- Town of Kittrell, Middleburg Nov. Election Candidates Announced - July 19, 2019
- State Cabinet Secretary Visits VGCC - July 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Board of Election Releases Candidate Names - July 19, 2019
- VCSO: Silver Alert Issued for Robert Lewis Rogers - July 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties, Water Committee to Meet July 22 - July 19, 2019
- Deported Alien, Previously Found in Granville Co., Charged With Illegal Reentry - July 19, 2019
- Granville Board of Education to Meet in Closed Session - July 19, 2019
- Vance County Schools Announces Leadership Changes - July 18, 2019
- High School Students Explore Medical Science at VGCC South Campus - July 18, 2019