100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Chamber of Commerce
Late last week, the Granville County Chamber of Commerce’s Executive Committee was notified by the event chairman of their annual Cluck ‘N Shuck event that the event caterer had contacted him regarding the very limited supply of oysters.
The recent storms in the Gulf and Atlantic have drastically limited the availability of fresh oysters. All oyster bottoms are closed in North Carolina, and all of the Gulf oysters have been drenched as a result of wind from storms. The water is too fresh, and the bottoms are closed.
Rather than move forward with an alternate menu for the Friday, October 25 Cluck ‘N Shuck event, the Chamber’s Executive Committee thought it prudent to postpone the event until spring.
The new date for Cluck ‘N Shuck is being planned for March 2020.
Ticket holders for the October 25, 2019, event may return their tickets to the 124 Hillsboro St., Oxford Chamber office for a full refund of the purchase price or they may retain and use their tickets in the spring of 2020.
The Granville County Chamber of Commerce’s Board of Directors apologizes to our ticket holders and sponsors for any inconvenience this may cause.
Connect With The Author
- School Resource Officer Under Investigation for Assault on VCMS Student - December 13, 2019
- McGregor Hall to Transform Into Christmas Wonderland for Holiday Spectacular - December 13, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Holds ‘Community to Schools’ Tour - December 13, 2019
- VGCC’s Kenneth Wilson Receives Glen Raven Award - December 13, 2019
- Take the ‘Polar Plunge’ For Vance Co. Special Olympics - December 13, 2019
- Mark Your 2020 Calendars for the New Horizons Baptist Stew Sale! - December 13, 2019
- Vance Co. Sheriff’s Office Seeking Info. on I-85 Shooting - December 12, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners Select New Chair, Vice Chair - December 12, 2019
- Baskerville Funeral Home Invites Community to ‘Service of Remembrance’ - December 12, 2019
- Two Arrested, 484 Grams of Cocaine Seized in Multi-Agency Drug Investigation - December 12, 2019