100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Public Schools
Per Policy 2115 – Unexpired Term Fulfillment, the Granville County Board of Education has approved the process for filling the District 5 seat made vacant by the resignation of Mr. Ed Mims in December 2019.
It is the intent of the Board to identify and appoint a suitable candidate for this position using the process outlined below, with the ultimate goal of serving the students of Granville County Public Schools.
Interested candidates should review the “Duties of the Board” guidelines issued by the NC School Board Association, which may be found at the NCSBA website https://www.ncsba.org/news-resources/board-member-knowledge-base/duties-of-the-board/
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, a C.V. or resume, and three letters of recommendation to the Clerk of the Board of Education, Ms. Dywanda Pettaway, by the close of business, Friday, January 24, 2020. These documents should provide information that highlights the candidate’s ability and experiences related to education and service to children.
All candidates must reside in District 5 in order to be considered for this position. Proof of residency will be required. District 5 map and information may be found at the Granville County website https://www.granvillecounty.org/government/county-commissioners/district-map/
At its February 6, 2020, regular meeting, the Board will review the documents submitted by each candidate and vote to issue invitations to those the Board wishes to interview.
On Monday, February 17, 2020, the Board will hold a Special Called Meeting for the purpose of interviewing candidates (the Board will use a list of questions asked of each candidate, chosen at the beginning of the meeting) and then vote on who will fill the unexpired term of District 5. (Note: Interviews and vote to take place in Open Session)
At its March 2, 2020, regular meeting, the chosen candidate will take the oath of office.
NOTE: If no suitable candidates are selected, the above process will be repeated as necessary, with new dates selected, until the position is filled.
Connect With The Author
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020
- Fairytale Characters to Take Over McGregor Hall! - January 24, 2020
- Granville Commissioners Call Special Meeting on JTOH Lease Appeal - January 24, 2020
- VGCC Continues Enrollment Growth Trend - January 24, 2020
- Friday Institute Showcases Partnership With Vance Co. Schools - January 24, 2020
- West End Community Watch Hears on Importance of CPR Training - January 24, 2020
- Plenty of Community Events Offered in Granville This Winter - January 24, 2020
- Mims Charged With Abduction of Children - January 24, 2020
- VCS Announces Innovative School Application Dates/Deadlines - January 23, 2020
- Granville County BOE Continues Negotiation to Lease JTOH - January 23, 2020