-Press Release, Tobacco Trust Fund Commission
Supporting the agricultural industry, impacting rural communities and stimulating economic development are key objectives for the 2019 NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission (NCTTFC) grant cycle. Funds will be awarded in the fall of 2019 for selected innovative projects.
Applications and information are now online at www.tobaccotrustfund.org for qualifying organizations. “This year the NCTTFC is specifically interested in job creation in current or former tobacco-dependent regions and funding projects that have the potential to generate additional income for farmers and those in the industry,” said William H. “Bill” Teague, NCTTFC Chairman. “Online applications will be accepted for innovative projects within North Carolina. Applicants can plan to start the projects in November of 2019.”
The NCTTFC was established in 2000 by the N.C. General Assembly to help members of the tobacco community including farmers, tobacco workers and related businesses. Its original funding was established through tobacco industry annual payments as a result of the Master Settlement Agreement. Funding is now appropriated to the NCTTFC which then reviews, selects and disperses the funds to grant projects.
Past NCTTFC projects include farmers market improvements, cost-share grant programs for farmers, training for qualified farm family members in community colleges and support of more than 30 high school agricultural education programs.
More information can be found at the NCTTFC’s website, or by calling 919-733-2160. The deadline for applications submission is March 8, 2019.
Connect With The Author
- Vance Co. Schools’ Student Spotlight Winners Tour Washington, D.C. - June 24, 2019
- West End Community Watch Hears From Planning Director on Required Permits - June 24, 2019
- Aycock Rec. Center to Offer Fast-Track Afternoon Swim Lessons - June 24, 2019
- Granville Co. Government’s Summer Civic Leadership Program Underway - June 24, 2019
- VGCC Child Care Center Awarded Five Stars - June 21, 2019
- Vance Co. Animal Services Recipient of Spay/Neuter Grant - June 21, 2019
- 9V Batteries Needed for Fire Dept.’s Annual Campaign - June 21, 2019
- Alston Arrested on Multiple Drug, Firearm-Related Charges - June 21, 2019
- VCS Students Benefit From Read to Achieve Summer Camps - June 21, 2019
- Granville’s Lake Holt Fireworks Celebration Set for Wed., July 3 - June 21, 2019