-Press Release, Tobacco Trust Fund Commission
Supporting the agricultural industry, impacting rural communities and stimulating economic development are key objectives for the 2019 NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission (NCTTFC) grant cycle. Funds will be awarded in the fall of 2019 for selected innovative projects.
Applications and information are now online at www.tobaccotrustfund.org for qualifying organizations. “This year the NCTTFC is specifically interested in job creation in current or former tobacco-dependent regions and funding projects that have the potential to generate additional income for farmers and those in the industry,” said William H. “Bill” Teague, NCTTFC Chairman. “Online applications will be accepted for innovative projects within North Carolina. Applicants can plan to start the projects in November of 2019.”
The NCTTFC was established in 2000 by the N.C. General Assembly to help members of the tobacco community including farmers, tobacco workers and related businesses. Its original funding was established through tobacco industry annual payments as a result of the Master Settlement Agreement. Funding is now appropriated to the NCTTFC which then reviews, selects and disperses the funds to grant projects.
Past NCTTFC projects include farmers market improvements, cost-share grant programs for farmers, training for qualified farm family members in community colleges and support of more than 30 high school agricultural education programs.
More information can be found at the NCTTFC’s website, or by calling 919-733-2160. The deadline for applications submission is March 8, 2019.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Charlotte’s Web’ to Delight School Children, Families Alike - March 25, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Announces Upcoming End-of-Year Activities - March 25, 2019
- West End Community Watch Hears From Animal Services at March Meeting - March 25, 2019
- Rec. Baseball & Softball Opening Ceremony/Picture Day to Honor Local Youth - March 25, 2019
- United Way’s 2019 Grant Application Process Now Open - March 22, 2019
- Register Now for 14th Annual Relay for Life KLCC Golf Tournament - March 22, 2019
- VGCC to Offer Open House at All Four Campuses - March 22, 2019
- Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Day – April 27 - March 22, 2019
- H-V Recreation & Parks to Hold Upcoming Egg Hunt at Two Locations - March 22, 2019
- DNA Analysis Subject of Upcoming Thornton Library Program - March 22, 2019