-Press Release, Tobacco Trust Fund Commission
Supporting the agricultural industry, impacting rural communities and stimulating economic development are key objectives for the 2019 NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission (NCTTFC) grant cycle. Funds will be awarded in the fall of 2019 for selected innovative projects.
Applications and information are now online at www.tobaccotrustfund.org for qualifying organizations. “This year the NCTTFC is specifically interested in job creation in current or former tobacco-dependent regions and funding projects that have the potential to generate additional income for farmers and those in the industry,” said William H. “Bill” Teague, NCTTFC Chairman. “Online applications will be accepted for innovative projects within North Carolina. Applicants can plan to start the projects in November of 2019.”
The NCTTFC was established in 2000 by the N.C. General Assembly to help members of the tobacco community including farmers, tobacco workers and related businesses. Its original funding was established through tobacco industry annual payments as a result of the Master Settlement Agreement. Funding is now appropriated to the NCTTFC which then reviews, selects and disperses the funds to grant projects.
Past NCTTFC projects include farmers market improvements, cost-share grant programs for farmers, training for qualified farm family members in community colleges and support of more than 30 high school agricultural education programs.
More information can be found at the NCTTFC’s website, or by calling 919-733-2160. The deadline for applications submission is March 8, 2019.
Connect With The Author
- Cocaine, Heroin Among Drugs Seized at State St. Residence - January 16, 2019
- VCHS to Hold Information Session for Freshmen & Their Parents - January 16, 2019
- Motor Vehicle Break-In at Davis Chapel Baptist Church - January 16, 2019
- Granville Co. Library System to Forgive Library Fees, Fines - January 16, 2019
- Govt. Shutdown Prompts Vance Co. Schools to Reduce Lunch Menu Offerings - January 15, 2019
- Registration Underway for 9th Annual Warrenton Junior Firefighter Competition - January 15, 2019
- NCDHHS to Offer Free Residential Testing Kits in Honor of Radon Action Month - January 15, 2019
- The Platters to Perform at McGregor Hall – Jan. 26 - January 15, 2019
- Upcoming Winter/Spring Events at Aycock Rec. Center - January 15, 2019
- DWI Suspected in Wreck Involving Henderson Police Car, Two Other Vehicles - January 14, 2019