100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Government
Granville County Animal Control will be offering free rabies vaccines for dogs and cats on Saturday, February 29, 2020. From 9 until 10:30 a.m., residents can bring their pets to Gazebo Park in Butner for one and three-year vaccinations.
North Carolina rabies law (NCGS 130A-185) requires that all owned dogs, cats and ferrets be vaccinated against rabies by four months of age and that rabies vaccinations be kept current.
On Feb. 29, one-year vaccinations will be available for all dogs and cats over this age requirement. Pet owners must bring proof of prior rabies vaccination to receive the three-year option. Accepted proof of vaccination is the paper certificate provided by the pet’s veterinarian when the shot was administered. A rabies tag will not be accepted as proof.
Granville County Animal Control offers a reminder that all cats must be in a carrier and all dogs must be leashed to receive this free service. Vaccinations will be administered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Gazebo Park is located at 416 Central Avenue in Butner. With questions, please contact the Granville County Animal Shelter at 919-693-6749.
Connect With The Author
- NC MedAssist to Hold Free Mobile Pharmacy Event in Henderson - February 17, 2020
- Henderson Man Sentenced to 26 Years for Heroin, Firearm Violations - February 17, 2020
- Reminder: Oxford City-Wide Neighborhood Watch to Meet Tues., Feb. 18 - February 17, 2020
- ‘One Noble Journey’ to Pay Tribute to Black History Month at McGregor Hall - February 17, 2020
- Wilton Elementary to Hold Annual Quarter Auction; Business Donations Requested - February 17, 2020
- Henderson’s First Biscuitville to Open on Dabney Dr. Thurs., Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Kittrell Food Mart Struck by Armed Robber Twice; Suspect Charged - February 14, 2020
- Reminder: Focus 20/20 Regional Economic Development Summit – Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Triangle North Healthcare Foundation 2020 Grant Cycle is Now Open - February 14, 2020
- Granville Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Feb. 17 - February 14, 2020