-Press Release, Granville County Government
As incidents of fraud are on the rise – especially among the senior citizen population – the Granville County Senior Center will be offering a free class on Wednesday, June 12, 2019. The “Outsmart the Scammers” program will be held at the Senior Center in Oxford at 10 a.m. and will be instructed by Zeke Blake, Financial Advisor with Edward Jones.
Participants will learn helpful strategies to protect themselves and their loved ones. Topics include how to spot “red flags” that may indicate a fraudulent encounter; how to identify resources to utilize if targeted; and an overview of the steps that should be taken for personal protection.
This program is offered through the Creative Lifelong Learning Program and is open to the public. The Granville County Senior Center is located at 107 Lanier Street in Oxford. For more details about this program, or to learn more about the Creative Lifelong Learning Program, call 919-693-1930 or visit www.granvillecounty.org.
Connect With The Author
- Henderson Residents Part of Large-Scale Money Laundering, Stolen Goods Case - June 20, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market Set for Business After Hours Event - June 20, 2019
- St. Andrews Presbyterian to Hold Yard Sale in New Pavilion - June 20, 2019
- Granville Co. Board of Education to Hold Special Work Session – June 25 - June 20, 2019
- Greater New Life Ministries of Franklinton to Celebrate Second Anniversary - June 20, 2019
- City Urges Residents to Complete Online Litter Survey - June 19, 2019
- Classic Car Cruise-In to Feature Announcer Mike Joy, Music Legend Jackie Gore - June 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Provides Free Summer Meals for Local Children - June 19, 2019
- Granville County JCPC Recognizes Beeler For Years of Service - June 19, 2019
- City of Oxford Seeking Downtown, Historical Pictures - June 19, 2019