-Press Release, Granville County Government
As incidents of fraud are on the rise – especially among the senior citizen population – the Granville County Senior Center will be offering a free class on Wednesday, June 12, 2019. The “Outsmart the Scammers” program will be held at the Senior Center in Oxford at 10 a.m. and will be instructed by Zeke Blake, Financial Advisor with Edward Jones.
Participants will learn helpful strategies to protect themselves and their loved ones. Topics include how to spot “red flags” that may indicate a fraudulent encounter; how to identify resources to utilize if targeted; and an overview of the steps that should be taken for personal protection.
This program is offered through the Creative Lifelong Learning Program and is open to the public. The Granville County Senior Center is located at 107 Lanier Street in Oxford. For more details about this program, or to learn more about the Creative Lifelong Learning Program, call 919-693-1930 or visit www.granvillecounty.org.
Connect With The Author
- VGCC Holds Convocation, Recognizes Employees’ Years of Service - August 20, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Set for ‘Cruise-In’ and ‘Movie Under the Stars’ - August 20, 2019
- Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist to Host Choir Day 2019 - August 20, 2019
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019