– Press Release
Board Recognized for Outstanding Support of Education
Franklin County, November 14, 2017: Franklin County’s Board of Commissioners were recognized this evening as Commissioners of the Year by the North Carolina School Board Association (NCSBA). The award was presented at the Koury Convention Center in Greensboro as part of the 48th Annual Conference of the NCSBA.
Local boards of education nominate their board of county commissioners for this award, recognizing the service of the commissioners to the local community through outstanding support of public elementary and secondary education. The board was also recognized for establishing an excellent working relationship and for diligent effort toward creative funding of education.
For additional information, please contact Angela L. Harris, Franklin County Manager, at (919) 496-5994.
Franklin County Government is committed to effective and innovative public services for all Franklin County citizens and businesses.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019