– Press Release
Board Recognized for Outstanding Support of Education
Franklin County, November 14, 2017: Franklin County’s Board of Commissioners were recognized this evening as Commissioners of the Year by the North Carolina School Board Association (NCSBA). The award was presented at the Koury Convention Center in Greensboro as part of the 48th Annual Conference of the NCSBA.
Local boards of education nominate their board of county commissioners for this award, recognizing the service of the commissioners to the local community through outstanding support of public elementary and secondary education. The board was also recognized for establishing an excellent working relationship and for diligent effort toward creative funding of education.
For additional information, please contact Angela L. Harris, Franklin County Manager, at (919) 496-5994.
Franklin County Government is committed to effective and innovative public services for all Franklin County citizens and businesses.
Connect With The Author
- Duke Energy’s Work Continues During Stay-at-Home Ordinance - April 3, 2020
- Franklin County to Impose Curfew Effective Sun., April 5 - April 3, 2020
- Franklin Co. Schools Home-Based Assignments, Wi-Fi Access Available April 6 - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Offering Free At-Home Egg Hunt to 25 Families - April 3, 2020
- First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in Warren County - April 3, 2020
- VGCC Small Business Center Offering Eight-Part ‘Doing Business Remotely’ Series - April 3, 2020
- Granville Board of Education’s April 6 Meeting to be Conducted Electronically - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Announces Closure of All Playgrounds, Outdoor Basketball Courts - April 3, 2020
- Vance Board of Commissioners to Hold April Meeting With Limited Public Access - April 2, 2020
- No Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Warren Co. to Date - April 2, 2020