– Press Release
Board Recognized for Outstanding Support of Education
Franklin County, November 14, 2017: Franklin County’s Board of Commissioners were recognized this evening as Commissioners of the Year by the North Carolina School Board Association (NCSBA). The award was presented at the Koury Convention Center in Greensboro as part of the 48th Annual Conference of the NCSBA.
Local boards of education nominate their board of county commissioners for this award, recognizing the service of the commissioners to the local community through outstanding support of public elementary and secondary education. The board was also recognized for establishing an excellent working relationship and for diligent effort toward creative funding of education.
For additional information, please contact Angela L. Harris, Franklin County Manager, at (919) 496-5994.
Franklin County Government is committed to effective and innovative public services for all Franklin County citizens and businesses.
Connect With The Author
- Granville Chamber’s ‘Cluck ‘N Shuck’ Seafood Event Rescheduled for April - February 20, 2020
- Plank Chapel UMC Hosting Resources Brunch, Caregiving Discussion - February 20, 2020
- Henderson City Council to Hold Annual Strategic Planning Retreat - February 20, 2020
- Big Ruin Creek Baptist Church to Hold 220 Seafood Fundraiser - February 20, 2020
- Closings and Weather 02/20 – 02/21 - February 20, 2020
- George R. Watkins Receives United Way’s Sam Watkins Visionary Award - February 19, 2020
- Iannuzzi, Oxford Prep Senior, Selected as National Merit Scholarship Finalist - February 19, 2020
- Oxford Commissioners to Meet With Parks & Recreation Master Plan Committee - February 19, 2020
- Coop Extension’s Annual Symposium to Focus on ‘Conservation Through Gardening’ - February 19, 2020
- H-V Chamber of Commerce Releases Agenda for Regional Economic Dev. Summit - February 18, 2020