-Press Release, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office
On March 7, 2019, at approximately 5:30 a.m. while conducting inmate checks for the detention center cells at the Franklin County Detention Center, a male inmate, age 32, was discovered deceased. There were no signs of foul play or suspicious activity.
Per standard procedure, the State Bureau of Investigation was requested by this agency to investigate the death.
Sheriff Kent Winstead stated that “the Sheriff’s Office is saddened at the loss of life and extends their condolences to the individual’s family.”
Connect With The Author
- United Way’s 2019 Grant Application Process Now Open - March 22, 2019
- Register Now for 14th Annual Relay for Life KLCC Golf Tournament - March 22, 2019
- VGCC to Offer Open House at All Four Campuses - March 22, 2019
- Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Day – April 27 - March 22, 2019
- H-V Recreation & Parks to Hold Upcoming Egg Hunt at Two Locations - March 22, 2019
- DNA Analysis Subject of Upcoming Thornton Library Program - March 22, 2019
- Henderson-Vance Chamber Looking for Small Business of the Year Nominees - March 21, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Approves Calendars for 2019-2020 School Year - March 21, 2019
- Deadline to Register for Junior Firefighter Program Extended - March 21, 2019
- Oxford Preparatory School Announces 3rd Quarter Honor Roll for 6th Grade - March 21, 2019