-Press Release, Franklin County Board of Elections
The Franklin County Board of Elections will hold two educational seminars about voter photo identification requirements as follows:
The 1st educational seminar will be held on Thursday, June 20, at 6 p.m. at:
Cedar Creek Middle School in the cafetorium
2228 Cedar Creek Rd
Youngsville, NC 27596
The 2nd educational seminar will be held on Wednesday, August 14, at 6 p.m. at:
Terrell Lane Middle School in the cafetorium
101 Terrell Ln
Louisburg, NC 27549
These seminars are free and open to the public.
Beginning in 2020, voters will be required to provide photo identification before they vote. This includes both in-person and by-mail voting, with some exceptions. In November 2018, North Carolina voters approved an amendment to the N.C. Constitution to require voters to present photo ID at the polls.
Session Law 2018-144 requires each county board of elections to hold at least two voter ID seminars before September 1, 2019. Attendees also will receive information about voting options, including absentee-by-mail, One-Stop early voting and Election Day voting. Information about provisional voting, the availability of free North Carolina voter ID cards and residency requirements for voting also will be provided.
For more information on the voter ID requirement in North Carolina, please go to www.ncsbe.gov/Voter-ID.
Questions? Please contact the Franklin County Board of Elections at (919) 496-3898 or [email protected]
Connect With The Author
- Additions to VGCC Building Will Enhance Public Safety Training - November 21, 2019
- Law Enforcement Partnership Results in Franklin Co. Drug Arrest - November 21, 2019
- FREE ‘Tidings of Comfort and Joy’ Community Concert Coming to McGregor Hall - November 21, 2019
- Downtown Louisburg’s Tree Lighting Festivities to Include Visit From Santa - November 21, 2019
- Thornton Library Welcomes Children’s Author - November 21, 2019
- NC Pecan Growers Prevail With Good Crop for Thanksgiving - November 21, 2019
- VCS’ Dr. Anthony Jackson Named NC Superintendent of the Year - November 20, 2019
- Vance-Granville Community College Band to Present Winter Concert - November 20, 2019
- Fourth Annual Henderson-Vance Community Dinner to Offer Free Thanksgiving Meals - November 20, 2019
- 15th Annual Turkey Trot in Downtown Oxford to Benefit ACIM - November 20, 2019