-Press Release, Franklin County Board of Elections
The Franklin County Board of Elections will hold two educational seminars about voter photo identification requirements as follows:
The 1st educational seminar will be held on Thursday, June 20, at 6 p.m. at:
Cedar Creek Middle School in the cafetorium
2228 Cedar Creek Rd
Youngsville, NC 27596
The 2nd educational seminar will be held on Wednesday, August 14, at 6 p.m. at:
Terrell Lane Middle School in the cafetorium
101 Terrell Ln
Louisburg, NC 27549
These seminars are free and open to the public.
Beginning in 2020, voters will be required to provide photo identification before they vote. This includes both in-person and by-mail voting, with some exceptions. In November 2018, North Carolina voters approved an amendment to the N.C. Constitution to require voters to present photo ID at the polls.
Session Law 2018-144 requires each county board of elections to hold at least two voter ID seminars before September 1, 2019. Attendees also will receive information about voting options, including absentee-by-mail, One-Stop early voting and Election Day voting. Information about provisional voting, the availability of free North Carolina voter ID cards and residency requirements for voting also will be provided.
For more information on the voter ID requirement in North Carolina, please go to www.ncsbe.gov/Voter-ID.
Questions? Please contact the Franklin County Board of Elections at (919) 496-3898 or [email protected]
Connect With The Author
- Henderson Residents Part of Large-Scale Money Laundering, Stolen Goods Case - June 20, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market Set for Business After Hours Event - June 20, 2019
- St. Andrews Presbyterian to Hold Yard Sale in New Pavilion - June 20, 2019
- Granville Co. Board of Education to Hold Special Work Session – June 25 - June 20, 2019
- Greater New Life Ministries of Franklinton to Celebrate Second Anniversary - June 20, 2019
- City Urges Residents to Complete Online Litter Survey - June 19, 2019
- Classic Car Cruise-In to Feature Announcer Mike Joy, Music Legend Jackie Gore - June 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Provides Free Summer Meals for Local Children - June 19, 2019
- Granville County JCPC Recognizes Beeler For Years of Service - June 19, 2019
- City of Oxford Seeking Downtown, Historical Pictures - June 19, 2019