100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Government
Residents with old televisions, outdated computers and/or obsolete electronics can take these items to either the Oxford Convenience Site, located at 6584 Landfill Road in Oxford or the Butner Convenience Site, located at 2796 Old Route 75 in Butner.
In a meeting held earlier this year, Granville County Commissioners approved consolidating electronic waste (e-waste) recycling to the Oxford and Butner landfills. Items are now being collected by a private business, contracted with the county, to recycle all components of the electronics collected at the two convenience sites.
With any questions or concerns, please contact Jason Falls, Granville County’s Environmental Services Director, at 919-691-0928.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019