Click here to listen to the 4-18-18 edition of TownTalk, which featured Dennis Jarvis, II, the Director of the Henderson-Vance Economic Development Commission. He began this position on November 6th, 2017.
In addition, the following was submitted by Claire Catherwood of the West End Community Watch, which met Tuesday, April 17th, at which Jarvis spoke.
Jarvis noted that our area is on the edge of the fastest growing area in the southeastern United States. Changes are coming. While there are stumbling blocks in the way of Vance County’s growth, we do have many great qualities to offer. Our problems are the same as those that exist everywhere, on a national level. Realistically, it is expected to take 10-12 years for many of the plans made now to take hold in our area.
Broadband is currently being tested. Within 2 years, it is predicted that residents will have choices besides the traditional providers now in place.
The sale of Carolina Country Snacks to Wise Foods does not mean we will lose the company. The family connection remains and the company is not moving the operation.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - November 13, 2018
- Current Public Service Announcements - November 12, 2018
- Vance County Sheriff General Election Results 2018 - November 6, 2018
- Radio, Newspaper, Chamber Present Candidates Forum - October 14, 2018
- CURFEW IN HENDERSON, NC UNTIL 7:30 A.M., OCT 12, 2018 - October 11, 2018
- Weather Briefing: Hurricane Michael - October 11, 2018
- All Vance County Schools will be closed for students on Thursday, October 11 - October 10, 2018
- McGregor Hall – Unique Economic, Cultural Opportunity - October 8, 2018
- Brian Short H-V Dir Emergency Management 11am 9-12-18 - September 12, 2018
- Henderson Optimist Club Respect For Law 2018 - July 24, 2018