Click here to listen to the 4-18-18 edition of TownTalk, which featured Dennis Jarvis, II, the Director of the Henderson-Vance Economic Development Commission. He began this position on November 6th, 2017.
In addition, the following was submitted by Claire Catherwood of the West End Community Watch, which met Tuesday, April 17th, at which Jarvis spoke.
Jarvis noted that our area is on the edge of the fastest growing area in the southeastern United States. Changes are coming. While there are stumbling blocks in the way of Vance County’s growth, we do have many great qualities to offer. Our problems are the same as those that exist everywhere, on a national level. Realistically, it is expected to take 10-12 years for many of the plans made now to take hold in our area.
Broadband is currently being tested. Within 2 years, it is predicted that residents will have choices besides the traditional providers now in place.
The sale of Carolina Country Snacks to Wise Foods does not mean we will lose the company. The family connection remains and the company is not moving the operation.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - May 24, 2018
- Current Public Service Announcements - May 22, 2018
- Relay for Life Auction Saturday, May 19 - May 18, 2018
- Current Help Wanted Items - May 17, 2018
- Jim Crawford Recognized as George R. Watkins Citizen of the Year - May 11, 2018
- SHPHC Youth Fundraiser TODAY! - May 4, 2018
- 2018 National Day of Prayer Noon Service Audio - May 3, 2018
- WIZS Beach Music Blast Debut - April 30, 2018
- Take Back North Carolina Initiative Press Conf - April 25, 2018
- Candidates Forum for May 8, 2018 Primary (Audio) - April 23, 2018