-Press Release, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, Terry M. Wright – Chief of Staff
On September 19, 2018, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit and Community Action Team arrested Franklin County resident, Mark Thomas Kemmerzell, Jr. for multiple drug offenses.
This investigation was the result of citizen complaints alleging that Mark Thomas Kemmerzell, Jr. was involved in illegal drug activity throughout Franklin and surrounding counties. As a result of these complaints, Narcotics Detectives initiated an investigation and was able to validate the information provided.
During the investigation, multiple purchases of Controlled Substances were made from Mark Thomas Kemmerzell, Jr.
Sheriff Kent Winstead stated, “The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office is committed to aggressively pursuing illegal drug activity and we will continue to make these investigations a priority. The citizens of our county continue to be proactive in providing information that is useful to our investigators and their tips are paying off.”
The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit was assisted in this investigation by the North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement Branch of the State Bureau of Investigation.
Mark Thomas Kemmerzell, Jr.
52 Wilson Fuller Road
Louisburg, NC 27549
Mark Thomas Kemmerzell, Jr. was charged with the following: Possess with the Intent to Sell and Deliver Heroin (2 Counts), Sell and Deliver Heroin (2 Counts), Maintain a Vehicle for the purpose of Selling Controlled Substances (2 Counts), Possession of a Schedule Ill Controlled Substance.
Mark Thomas Kemmerzell, Jr. is currently in the Franklin County Detention Center under a $100,000 secured bond.
For more information regarding this investigation, or to provide information regarding drug activity in your community, please contact Sgt. Ken Pike at (919) 340-3432.
Connect With The Author
- Henderson’s First Biscuitville to Open on Dabney Dr. Thurs., Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Kittrell Food Mart Struck by Armed Robber Twice; Suspect Charged - February 14, 2020
- Reminder: Focus 20/20 Regional Economic Development Summit – Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Triangle North Healthcare Foundation 2020 Grant Cycle is Now Open - February 14, 2020
- Granville Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Feb. 17 - February 14, 2020
- Granville School Board to Interview District 5 Candidates at Special Meeting - February 14, 2020
- Mark Your Calendars: Granville Co. Activities Feb. 17 – March 2 - February 14, 2020
- Vance Commissioners to Hold Special Meeting on Industrial Park Contract - February 13, 2020
- Kittrell Man Sentenced to More Than Six Years on Drug, Gun Charges - February 13, 2020
- Harvey Recognized by NC Governor - February 13, 2020