-Information and photo courtesy Maria Parham Health
Maria Parham Health today announced that Sydney Short, M.D., has joined its staff and will be offering cardiology services to patients throughout Vance County and the surrounding communities. Dr. Short brings more than 30 years of clinical experience to Maria Parham and is the first cardiologist to join the hospital’s medical staff this year.
“Dr. Short has years of experience in treating a range of heart conditions, and he is an excellent addition to our hospital team,” said Bert Beard, CEO of Maria Parham Health. “Heart disease is an increasing concern in our communities, and Dr. Short’s expertise will be important as Maria Parham Health strives to meet our region’s evolving healthcare needs and make our community healthier.”
Dr. Short is a Duke Health physician and joins Maria Parham Health from Duke Cardiology of Lumberton, where he also sees patients. Before Duke Cardiology of Lumberton, he was a staff cardiologist at Duke Health Center of Sanford.
Dr. Short graduated from West Virginia University School of Medicine in 1983. He completed his internal medicine residency and a cardiology fellowship at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Dr. Short is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and the American College of Cardiology. He is a Member of the American Society of Echocardiography, Physicians for Compassionate Care and the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology.
When he is not working, Dr. Short enjoys spending time with his family, gardening, woodworking and running.
Dr. Short will see patients at Maria Parham Cardiology located at 568 Ruin Creek Rd., Suite 128 in Henderson, North Carolina. For a referral or to schedule an appointment, please call 252.436.1085.
Connect With The Author
- School Resource Officer Under Investigation for Assault on VCMS Student - December 13, 2019
- McGregor Hall to Transform Into Christmas Wonderland for Holiday Spectacular - December 13, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Holds ‘Community to Schools’ Tour - December 13, 2019
- VGCC’s Kenneth Wilson Receives Glen Raven Award - December 13, 2019
- Take the ‘Polar Plunge’ For Vance Co. Special Olympics - December 13, 2019
- Mark Your 2020 Calendars for the New Horizons Baptist Stew Sale! - December 13, 2019
- Vance Co. Sheriff’s Office Seeking Info. on I-85 Shooting - December 12, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners Select New Chair, Vice Chair - December 12, 2019
- Baskerville Funeral Home Invites Community to ‘Service of Remembrance’ - December 12, 2019
- Two Arrested, 484 Grams of Cocaine Seized in Multi-Agency Drug Investigation - December 12, 2019