100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy the Vance County Tourism Development Authority
Don’t miss the 18th Annual Show, Shine, Shag & Dine on Friday, October 18 and Saturday, October 19, 2019, in downtown Henderson. 1988 and older antique cars, classic cars, nostalgia drag cars, muscle cars, street rods, rat rods and trucks will cover a ten-block area of Garnett Street in Historic Downtown Henderson.
The weekend festivities include car judging, live entertainment, food vendors, miscellaneous vendors and much more.
The Corbitt Preservation Association will also host their annual Corbitt Truck Show and Reunion on Saturday, October 19 in downtown Henderson from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The association will have its newest find, a rare 1911-1912 Corbitt Automobile body, on display.
Additionally, the Corbitt Museum will be open to visitors on Saturday. The museum is located at 180 Church Street, Henderson.
This world-class car show is one of the largest tourism draws and economic boosts to Vance County each year. Local hotels, gas stations, restaurants, stores and places of entertainment all benefit from the dollars spent over the weekend.
2019 Show, Shine, Shag & Dine Schedule:
Friday, October 18
11 a.m. – 4 p.m. ~ Pre-show Cruise-in and BBQ cookout for $12 per plate. Meal served 12 – 2:30 p.m. Open to all makes and models 1988 and older and all spectators. Location: Satterwhite Point Park, Kerr Lake, I-85 – Exit 217.
5 – 9 p.m. ~ Southern Classic Cruise-in will be held at 117 Horner Street in downtown Henderson. A DJ will be spinning your favorite tunes from the past and Chick-fil-A will be on site. Cruise-in parking will be located in the 700 block of S. Garnett St. Watch for signs.
Saturday, October 19
7:30 – 11 a.m. ~ Car registration – enter from W. Winder Street. Open to all makes and models 1988 and older. Antique cars, classic cars, nostalgia drag cars, muscle cars, street rods, rat rods and trucks. Judged cars $25; other vehicles $20. Dash plaques to the first 400 cars.
7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. ~ MAIN EVENT – 18th Annual Show, Shine, Shag & Dine Car Show and East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame. Live entertainment, kids entertainment, DJ, food, vendors, judging and award presentations on Garnett St. in downtown Henderson.
For more information, please visit www.kerrlake-nc.com or call 1-866-438-4565.
Connect With The Author
- Town Talk 04/02/20: NCAFP’s Greg Griggs Discusses Coronavirus Challenges - April 2, 2020
- Town Talk 04/01/20: Pearson Addresses Importance of Online Security, Avoiding Scams - April 1, 2020
- Town Talk 03/31/20: VGCC Small Business Director Discusses SBA Loans, Webinars - March 31, 2020
- Town Talk 03/26/20: Dr. Stephen Pearson Provides Tips on Working From Home - March 26, 2020
- Town Talk 03/25/20: Sheriff, Police Chief Discuss Procedures, Coronavirus Reaction - March 25, 2020
- Town Talk 03/24/20: Mayor Ellington Provides Henderson COVID-19 Updates - March 24, 2020
- H-V Chamber, Economic Development & Partners Support Local Small Businesses - March 23, 2020
- Henderson Men’s Shelter ‘Running Smoothly’ As Season Comes to a Close - March 18, 2020
- Town Talk 03/12/20: Fourth Annual VCS Arts Alive! to Showcase Student Talent - March 12, 2020
- Town Talk 03/11/20: Relay For Life Quarter Auction, Survivor Dinner - March 11, 2020