— courtesy VGCC
The Medical Office Administration program at Vance-Granville Community College will host a presentation on medical office careers by a veteran healthcare instructor and manager on Tuesday, April 24, at 6 p.m. on the Main Campus.
Marianne Durling, currently an associate compliance officer with the Duke University Health System, will be in the Conference Room in Building 8 to speak with students in VGCC’s Health Services programs. The public is also invited to attend.
Durling has been active in some aspect of healthcare for more than 37 years, including clinical patient care, insurance and auditing, resulting in a diverse background, according to Christal Thomas, program head and instructor for Medical Office Administration at the college.
She has developed and taught a successful medical coding degree program, as well as a healthcare management degree program, for local colleges, for more than 11 years, garnering praise from employers and students. She won Instructor of the Year in 2012 at one of those colleges and was nominated for a state instructor of the year honor. She works with the American Academy of Professional Coders curriculum and credential development and serves as a member of the Healthcon Education Committee.
Durling has a Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration, a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Health Information Administration, a Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences, and an Associate’s Degree in Health Professions. She has credentials in RHIA, CDIP, CCS, CPC, CPCO, CIC and CPC-I.
She is described as a coding, auditing and revenue cycle subject matter expert for lawyers as well as a seasoned textbook editor for multiple publishers. She has been published in national professional publications. She has served on the AAPC National Advisory Board and has served multiple terms as president and president-elect of the Oxford Tri-County North Carolina chapter of the AAPC. She has also served two terms as coordinator of the Triangle Region chapter of the North Carolina Health Information Management Association. In 2017, she was awarded the NCHIMA Special Recognition Award for her work with NCHIMA.
For more information, those planning to attend can contact Christal Thomas at (252) 738-3325 or [email protected].
— VGCC —
Connect With The Author
- Brick Power Team Supports ‘Rae Rae’ Owen, Local Child Battling Leukemia - February 18, 2019
- Current Tradio Items - February 14, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - February 13, 2019
- Local News 01/25/19 - January 25, 2019
- Farmhouse on Glebe Rd. a ‘Total Loss’ After Evening Fire - January 24, 2019
- Framework Set For Vance County Fire Service Discussion - January 23, 2019
- Breckenridge Pavilion Project Slowly, but Surely, Moving Ahead - January 14, 2019
- A TRIBUTE TO SAM WATKINS - January 6, 2019
- Man Shot Dead, HPD Asking For Assistance - January 6, 2019
- Re-Elected Board of Education Members Sworn In to New Terms - December 18, 2018