100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Government
Byron Currin is the newly-hired Natural Resources Conservationist for Granville County’s Soil and Water District. A native of the area, Currin has prior experience from the Vance County Soil and Water Conservation District, where he worked for the past seven years.
Currin holds certifications from the N.C. Forest Service as well as completing training in cropland conservation planning, watering facilities/piping, pasture planning, herbicide application, customer service and other trainings that have helped prepare him for this role.
A 2006 graduate of J.F. Webb High School, Currin holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Fisheries, Wildlife and Conservation Biology. He has also completed training with the UNC School of Government for Soil and Water Conservation Supervisors.
He officially began work with Granville County Government in October of 2019, where he shadowed Soil and Water Conservation District Director Warren Daniel, who recently retired after a 35-year career.
Currin’s office is located at 518 Lewis Street in Oxford, where he can be reached at 919-693-4603 (ext. 3) or at [email protected]
Connect With The Author
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020
- Fairytale Characters to Take Over McGregor Hall! - January 24, 2020
- Granville Commissioners Call Special Meeting on JTOH Lease Appeal - January 24, 2020
- VGCC Continues Enrollment Growth Trend - January 24, 2020
- Friday Institute Showcases Partnership With Vance Co. Schools - January 24, 2020
- West End Community Watch Hears on Importance of CPR Training - January 24, 2020
- Plenty of Community Events Offered in Granville This Winter - January 24, 2020
- Mims Charged With Abduction of Children - January 24, 2020
- VCS Announces Innovative School Application Dates/Deadlines - January 23, 2020
- Granville County BOE Continues Negotiation to Lease JTOH - January 23, 2020