-Information courtesy Jordan McMillen, County Manager, Vance County
To assist the public, the County of Vance has posted several documents related to the fire commission’s proposed reorganization of the County’s fire services on their website. The County will be seeking public comments at the Vance County Board of Commissioners meeting to be held on Monday, January 7, 2019.
The proposal includes the following changes:
– Converts the Goldenbelt fire district into a volunteer district with the Rescue Squad reincorporating as a volunteer fire department and rescue to take on the district.
– Moves existing county fire staff out of Goldenbelt district and splits them between Hicksboro and Bearpond Volunteer Departments; moves the county fire staff under the fire marshal/fire services department for oversight of paid personnel and creates an Assistant Fire Marshal position.
– Utilizes savings from the general fund county fire department operational expenses to offset costs in fire fund for 12 part-time positions, two at each station for Cokesbury, Drewry, Kittrell, Townsville, Watkins, and the newly constituted Goldenbelt volunteer fire departments during the day-time.
– Provides $200,000 in annual funding to the Rescue Squad as the new volunteer fire department that would also take ownership and associated debt of County’s newly ordered fire truck.
– Includes paying off the existing Kerr-Lake substation and county tanker debt from the general and/or fire fund balance.
– Provides equal funding of $100,000 to the border departments, Drewry and Epsom.
– Eliminates the substation funding of $10,000 for Hicksboro and eliminates the rotating capital funding of $30,000, with the fire fund being used to assist departments with 50/50 grants and capital needs.
– Moves dispatch from three alarm to four alarm.
Connect With The Author
- VGCC President, Student Leader Celebrate College’s 50th Graduating Class - May 24, 2019
- Vance Co. Early College High School Graduates 33 Seniors - May 24, 2019
- Creedmoor Man Sentenced to 27 Years on Child Pornography Charges - May 24, 2019
- Opening/Dedication of VCRFM’s Memorial Garden Scheduled for June 12 - May 24, 2019
- Michael East Confirmed as US Marshal for NC’s Eastern District - May 24, 2019
- Aycock Rec. Center Offering High Energy Aerobics Class - May 24, 2019
- New Covenant Christian Center Looking for a Music Minister, Keyboard Player - May 24, 2019
- Warren Co. to Hold ‘Listening Session’ on Mental Health, Substance Misuse - May 24, 2019
- Dabney Drive Drug Arrest Made on Youngsville Man - May 23, 2019
- Durham Woman Sentenced for Heroin Distribution in Henderson - May 23, 2019