MANAGING YOUR WOODS FOR PROFIT AND PLEASURE
Whether you own a few acres of trees or a few hundred acres, this FREE workshop series will provide you with valuable information to maximize profit and pleasure from your woods. Register online. Sign up for all three, or pick and choose the ones you like.
January 24, 2019 – Trespass, Surveys, and Boundary Marking – Learn about the laws regarding trespass, how to use a survey, and marking property lines. Presenters will include representatives from the local sheriff departments, as well as enforcement officers from the NC Wildlife Resources Commission. 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Granville Expo Center, 4185 US Hwy 15 South, Oxford, NC.
February 28, 2019 – Taxes and Estate Planning – Extension Specialists from NC State University will provide timely information on tax issues that relate to woodland owners, as well as tips for estate planning. 7 to 8:30 p.m., Vance County Regional Farmers Market, 210 Southpark Dr., Henderson, NC.
March 29, 2019 – Woodland Tour – Hop on board for a tour of a well-managed woodland. Both forestry professionals and expert landowners will be on-hand as we showcase the practices and methods that give results. Topics for discussion will include prescribed fire for wildlife management, woodland management practices, using herbicides, and more. 1 to 4 p.m., convening at Union Chapel Church, 6479 Raleigh Rd, Kittrell, NC.
Print out this flyer for all the details. To register, call 252-438-8188, 919-603-1350, or register online. Co-sponsored by the NC Forest Service.
Connect With The Author
- Vance Co. Schools’ Student Spotlight Winners Tour Washington, D.C. - June 24, 2019
- West End Community Watch Hears From Planning Director on Required Permits - June 24, 2019
- Aycock Rec. Center to Offer Fast-Track Afternoon Swim Lessons - June 24, 2019
- Granville Co. Government’s Summer Civic Leadership Program Underway - June 24, 2019
- VGCC Child Care Center Awarded Five Stars - June 21, 2019
- Vance Co. Animal Services Recipient of Spay/Neuter Grant - June 21, 2019
- 9V Batteries Needed for Fire Dept.’s Annual Campaign - June 21, 2019
- Alston Arrested on Multiple Drug, Firearm-Related Charges - June 21, 2019
- VCS Students Benefit From Read to Achieve Summer Camps - June 21, 2019
- Granville’s Lake Holt Fireworks Celebration Set for Wed., July 3 - June 21, 2019