100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Cynthia Bowen, City Clerk, City of Oxford
The City of Oxford Board of Commissioners will hold their regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, November 12, 2019, at 7 p.m. in the Commissioners’ Board Room, City Hall in Oxford.
Agenda items include:
Public Hearing to receive citizen input on the request from the UDO Committee asking for consideration of placing a moratorium on any new internet sweepstakes establishments.
Consider adopting an ordinance placing a 60-day moratorium on any new internet sweepstakes establishments in the B-2 (highway business) and B-3 (general business) zoning districts.
Consider approving the 2020 Board of Commissioner Meeting dates.
Disposition of City Property – the City of Oxford has a 1989 Grumman Fire Truck that needs to be disposed of either by sale or donation. The City put out a notice to garner interest in the fire truck and received several letters of interest. The Public Safety Committee recommended donating the Fire Truck to another Fire Department that is in need.
Please click here for the full meeting agenda.
Connect With The Author
- FREE Fresh Produce Available at Second Thurs. Food Distribution - November 12, 2019
- Census Bureau Begins Job Recruitment Efforts - November 12, 2019
- Warrenton Christmas Parade to Delight Main Street Sat., Dec. 14 - November 12, 2019
- Mark Your Holiday Calendar for ‘Cookies & Milk With Santa’ - November 12, 2019
- Oxford Preparatory Lower School Announces First Quarter Honor Roll - November 12, 2019
- Thank-A-Vet Program Launches in Granville County - November 11, 2019
- Raleigh Ringers to Bring Holiday Cheer to McGregor Hall - November 11, 2019
- Town of Louisburg Will Host 2019 Christmas Parade Sun. Dec. 8 - November 11, 2019
- Granville Chamber to Hold Annual Thanksgiving Breakfast - November 11, 2019
- Poplar Creek Baptist to Host ‘Unashamed’ at Gospel Singing, Dinner Show - November 11, 2019