On Thursday, March 28, 2019, at 2:30 p.m, the Vance County Board of Commissioners Properties Committee consisting of Dan Brummitt, Archie Taylor and Gordon Wilder will meet in the Administrative Conference Room of the Vance County Administration Building at 122 Young Street in Henderson.
These commissioners will meet with an architect to discuss the potential move of the Vance County Department of Social Services. Currently located at 350 Ruin Creek Rd. in Henderson, the department has expressed the need for a larger space to better accommodate their services and the number of people they serve.
As to the potential DSS move, Brummitt said, “We are contemplating it and still looking at options. Right now we are focusing on [the former] Eaton Johnson Middle School site. As with everything, we’ve got to look at the cost. No time table has been established.”
“Social Services is very crowded and spread over several locations,” said Wilder. “We want to move into the [former] Eaton Johnson building and are working with architects now to make that happen as soon as possible.”
Connect With The Author
- United Way’s 2019 Grant Application Process Now Open - March 22, 2019
- Register Now for 14th Annual Relay for Life KLCC Golf Tournament - March 22, 2019
- VGCC to Offer Open House at All Four Campuses - March 22, 2019
- Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Day – April 27 - March 22, 2019
- H-V Recreation & Parks to Hold Upcoming Egg Hunt at Two Locations - March 22, 2019
- DNA Analysis Subject of Upcoming Thornton Library Program - March 22, 2019
- Henderson-Vance Chamber Looking for Small Business of the Year Nominees - March 21, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Approves Calendars for 2019-2020 School Year - March 21, 2019
- Deadline to Register for Junior Firefighter Program Extended - March 21, 2019
- Oxford Preparatory School Announces 3rd Quarter Honor Roll for 6th Grade - March 21, 2019