The City of Oxford Commissioners meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, February 13, 2018. Please click here for the agenda.
One of the items WIZS News will be following up on is agenda item number eight, unified development ordinance, and its local impact. In speaking with Mayor Jackie Sergent, she was not ready to offer full comments prior to the meeting or before speaking with the boards and committees. However, the gist of what she did say to WIZS News was many communities already have this and that it’s a modern-day times thing to do.
Item 8 reads:
Consider contracting with McAdams out of Durham NC in creating a UDO (unified development ordinance). The purpose of the City creating a Unified Development Ordinance is to combine the zoning, subdivision and all other regulations into one user-friendly set of development regulations. This will be an 18-month process involving various boards and creation of a Steering Committee. The current zoning ordinance was last revised in 2003. With the downtown revitalization efforts as well as the other projects moving forward, it is necessary to have a Unified Development Ordinance that is clear and easily understood, while also creating standards that uphold the community’s vision for the future. Recommended action: Staff & Planning Board recommends moving forward with McAdams in creating a Unified Development Ordinance.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - May 24, 2018
- Current Public Service Announcements - May 22, 2018
- Relay for Life Auction Saturday, May 19 - May 18, 2018
- Current Help Wanted Items - May 17, 2018
- Jim Crawford Recognized as George R. Watkins Citizen of the Year - May 11, 2018
- SHPHC Youth Fundraiser TODAY! - May 4, 2018
- 2018 National Day of Prayer Noon Service Audio - May 3, 2018
- WIZS Beach Music Blast Debut - April 30, 2018
- Take Back North Carolina Initiative Press Conf - April 25, 2018
- Candidates Forum for May 8, 2018 Primary (Audio) - April 23, 2018