The City of Oxford Commissioners meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, February 13, 2018. Please click here for the agenda.
One of the items WIZS News will be following up on is agenda item number eight, unified development ordinance, and its local impact. In speaking with Mayor Jackie Sergent, she was not ready to offer full comments prior to the meeting or before speaking with the boards and committees. However, the gist of what she did say to WIZS News was many communities already have this and that it’s a modern-day times thing to do.
Item 8 reads:
Consider contracting with McAdams out of Durham NC in creating a UDO (unified development ordinance). The purpose of the City creating a Unified Development Ordinance is to combine the zoning, subdivision and all other regulations into one user-friendly set of development regulations. This will be an 18-month process involving various boards and creation of a Steering Committee. The current zoning ordinance was last revised in 2003. With the downtown revitalization efforts as well as the other projects moving forward, it is necessary to have a Unified Development Ordinance that is clear and easily understood, while also creating standards that uphold the community’s vision for the future. Recommended action: Staff & Planning Board recommends moving forward with McAdams in creating a Unified Development Ordinance.
Connect With The Author
- Current Public Service Announcements - November 15, 2018
- Current Tradio Items - November 15, 2018
- McGregor Hall’s Popularity Continues to Grow, Study to Determine Economic Impact - November 14, 2018
- Vance County Sheriff General Election Results 2018 - November 6, 2018
- Radio, Newspaper, Chamber Present Candidates Forum - October 14, 2018
- CURFEW IN HENDERSON, NC UNTIL 7:30 A.M., OCT 12, 2018 - October 11, 2018
- Weather Briefing: Hurricane Michael - October 11, 2018
- All Vance County Schools will be closed for students on Thursday, October 11 - October 10, 2018
- McGregor Hall – Unique Economic, Cultural Opportunity - October 8, 2018
- Brian Short H-V Dir Emergency Management 11am 9-12-18 - September 12, 2018