The City of Oxford Commissioners meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, February 13, 2018. Please click here for the agenda.
One of the items WIZS News will be following up on is agenda item number eight, unified development ordinance, and its local impact. In speaking with Mayor Jackie Sergent, she was not ready to offer full comments prior to the meeting or before speaking with the boards and committees. However, the gist of what she did say to WIZS News was many communities already have this and that it’s a modern-day times thing to do.
Item 8 reads:
Consider contracting with McAdams out of Durham NC in creating a UDO (unified development ordinance). The purpose of the City creating a Unified Development Ordinance is to combine the zoning, subdivision and all other regulations into one user-friendly set of development regulations. This will be an 18-month process involving various boards and creation of a Steering Committee. The current zoning ordinance was last revised in 2003. With the downtown revitalization efforts as well as the other projects moving forward, it is necessary to have a Unified Development Ordinance that is clear and easily understood, while also creating standards that uphold the community’s vision for the future. Recommended action: Staff & Planning Board recommends moving forward with McAdams in creating a Unified Development Ordinance.
Connect With The Author
- Current Public Service Announcements - February 20, 2018
- Current Tradio Items - February 20, 2018
- Master Gardener Symposium March 24 – Registration Required - February 19, 2018
- West End Community Watch Meeting Tues, Feb 20, 2018 - February 19, 2018
- Oxford Prep Set to Host 4th Mattress Sale Fundraiser - February 19, 2018
- VGCC Vanguards to play JV Tar Heels at Dean Dome - February 19, 2018
- Current Help Wanted Items - February 14, 2018
- Kittrell Community Watch Meeting Thurs, Feb 15, 2018 - February 13, 2018
- VGCC Honors Retired Faculty and Staff - February 13, 2018
- Meeting Student/Parent Needs in the 21st Century - February 12, 2018