-Press Release, City of Henderson
Notification of Possible Discoloration of Water
As a customer of the Kerr Lake Regional Water System/City of Henderson, you may have or may be experiencing a slight discoloration of your water. This is due to elevated levels of manganese and turnover in the surface water from which the KLRWS processes its water. This may cause the water in Henderson and surrounding areas to have a color to the water; however, there are no safety concerns related to this and the water can be used by the consumer.
The KLRW facility is in the process of adjusting the process to account for the manganese and remove the discoloration of the water.
If you have any questions, please call the Kerr Lake Regional Water Plant at 252-438-2141.
Connect With The Author
- No Charge Food Distribution Scheduled for Thurs., Dec. 12 - December 9, 2019
- McGregor Hall to Offer Three Performances of ‘Black Nativity’ - December 9, 2019
- Oxford’s Newly Elected to be Administered Oath of Office – Dec. 10 - December 9, 2019
- Enjoy ‘Pancakes With Santa’ at Crystal River Church of God - December 9, 2019
- Propane Safety Paramount as Cold Weather Approaches - December 9, 2019
- VCRFM 2019 Season Ends This Weekend! - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Undercover Operation Ends in Two Drug Arrests - December 6, 2019
- Henderson City Council to Swear In Newly Elected Officials at Mon. Meeting - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Dec. 9 - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools to Host District-Wide Family Night Dec. 10 - December 6, 2019