The City of Henderson’s Sewer Collection System bypassed approximately 2,250 gallons of untreated waste water on September 18th, 2017 due to a blockage in the main. This occurred in the area just off of Fairway Drive and below the Fernwood subdivision. The overflow entered Redbud Creek. Crews worked to properly cleanup the overflow and minimize any negative effects to the stream.
North Carolina General Statutes article 21 chapter 143-215.1C requires a press release for all bypasses of 1,000 gallons or more that enter surface waters.
Questions concerning this matter should be directed to the Public Works ORC, Joey Long, Jr. at 252-226-4492 or Andy Perkinson at 252-431-0419.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019