The City of Henderson’s Sewer Collection System bypassed approximately 2,250 gallons of untreated waste water on September 18th, 2017 due to a blockage in the main. This occurred in the area just off of Fairway Drive and below the Fernwood subdivision. The overflow entered Redbud Creek. Crews worked to properly cleanup the overflow and minimize any negative effects to the stream.
North Carolina General Statutes article 21 chapter 143-215.1C requires a press release for all bypasses of 1,000 gallons or more that enter surface waters.
Questions concerning this matter should be directed to the Public Works ORC, Joey Long, Jr. at 252-226-4492 or Andy Perkinson at 252-431-0419.
Connect With The Author
- No Charge Food Distribution Scheduled for Thurs., Dec. 12 - December 9, 2019
- McGregor Hall to Offer Three Performances of ‘Black Nativity’ - December 9, 2019
- Oxford’s Newly Elected to be Administered Oath of Office – Dec. 10 - December 9, 2019
- Enjoy ‘Pancakes With Santa’ at Crystal River Church of God - December 9, 2019
- Propane Safety Paramount as Cold Weather Approaches - December 9, 2019
- VCRFM 2019 Season Ends This Weekend! - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Undercover Operation Ends in Two Drug Arrests - December 6, 2019
- Henderson City Council to Swear In Newly Elected Officials at Mon. Meeting - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Dec. 9 - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools to Host District-Wide Family Night Dec. 10 - December 6, 2019