100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Esther J. McCrackin, City Clerk, City of Henderson, NC
The Henderson City Council will hold their regular meeting on Monday, August 12, 2019, beginning at 6 p.m. in the R.G. (Chick) Young, Jr. Council Chambers of the Municipal Building located at 134 Rose Avenue in Henderson, NC.
Agenda items include:
Public Hearing – Consideration of Approval of Ordinance 19-21, amending Zoning Ordinance Article 300B: District Regulations, Section 301B.4 Retail Business (B-1, B-2, B-2A, B-3 and B-4).
Public comment period on agenda items.
Consideration of Approval of Resolution 19-30, authorizing the award of a contract to Management Solutions for emergency services in the amount of $11,100 for a Fire Department Station and Staffing Study.
Consideration of Approval of Resolution 19-31, declaring City Council’s intent to close Chestnut Alley and calling for a Public Hearing on the question.
Consideration of Approval of Resolution 19-33, accepting a property donation located at 701 Southerland Street, identified as Parcel No. 0091 06021 of the Vance County Registry.
Consideration of Approval of Resolution 19-34, approving the submittal of a grant application to the North Carolina Volkswagen Settlement Program.
Consideration of Approval of Ordinance 19-31, FY 20 BA #3, establishing a budget for the Dabney Drive Water Main Replacement.
Consideration of Approval of Resolution 19-35, authorizing an application for US Department of Justice’s 2019 BJA Justice Assistance Grant.
Consideration of Approval of Resolution 19-32, authorizing a FY 19-20 five-year loan financing with Benchmark Community Bank (BCC) approved in the FY 19-20 budget.
Consideration of Approval of Tax Releases and Refunds from Vance County for the month of June 2019.
Public comment period on non-agenda items.
Click here to view previous and current Henderson City Council meeting agendas and minutes.
Connect With The Author
- No Charge Food Distribution Scheduled for Thurs., Dec. 12 - December 9, 2019
- McGregor Hall to Offer Three Performances of ‘Black Nativity’ - December 9, 2019
- Oxford’s Newly Elected to be Administered Oath of Office – Dec. 10 - December 9, 2019
- Enjoy ‘Pancakes With Santa’ at Crystal River Church of God - December 9, 2019
- Propane Safety Paramount as Cold Weather Approaches - December 9, 2019
- VCRFM 2019 Season Ends This Weekend! - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Undercover Operation Ends in Two Drug Arrests - December 6, 2019
- Henderson City Council to Swear In Newly Elected Officials at Mon. Meeting - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Dec. 9 - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools to Host District-Wide Family Night Dec. 10 - December 6, 2019