100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Esther J. McCrackin, City Clerk, City of Henderson, NC
The Henderson City Council will hold their regular meeting on Monday, August 12, 2019, beginning at 6 p.m. in the R.G. (Chick) Young, Jr. Council Chambers of the Municipal Building located at 134 Rose Avenue in Henderson, NC.
Agenda items include:
Public Hearing – Consideration of Approval of Ordinance 19-21, amending Zoning Ordinance Article 300B: District Regulations, Section 301B.4 Retail Business (B-1, B-2, B-2A, B-3 and B-4).
Public comment period on agenda items.
Consideration of Approval of Resolution 19-30, authorizing the award of a contract to Management Solutions for emergency services in the amount of $11,100 for a Fire Department Station and Staffing Study.
Consideration of Approval of Resolution 19-31, declaring City Council’s intent to close Chestnut Alley and calling for a Public Hearing on the question.
Consideration of Approval of Resolution 19-33, accepting a property donation located at 701 Southerland Street, identified as Parcel No. 0091 06021 of the Vance County Registry.
Consideration of Approval of Resolution 19-34, approving the submittal of a grant application to the North Carolina Volkswagen Settlement Program.
Consideration of Approval of Ordinance 19-31, FY 20 BA #3, establishing a budget for the Dabney Drive Water Main Replacement.
Consideration of Approval of Resolution 19-35, authorizing an application for US Department of Justice’s 2019 BJA Justice Assistance Grant.
Consideration of Approval of Resolution 19-32, authorizing a FY 19-20 five-year loan financing with Benchmark Community Bank (BCC) approved in the FY 19-20 budget.
Consideration of Approval of Tax Releases and Refunds from Vance County for the month of June 2019.
Public comment period on non-agenda items.
Click here to view previous and current Henderson City Council meeting agendas and minutes.
Connect With The Author
- VGCC Holds Convocation, Recognizes Employees’ Years of Service - August 20, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Set for ‘Cruise-In’ and ‘Movie Under the Stars’ - August 20, 2019
- Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist to Host Choir Day 2019 - August 20, 2019
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019