-Press Release, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office
The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit and Special Response Team arrested Franklin County resident, Christopher Myles Evanston Yarborough for multiple drug violations. In addition to the arrest, a search warrant was executed at 910 Dogwood Lane Franklinton, NC. The arrest of Mr. Yarborough and subsequent search occurred on February 28, 2019.
The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit received multiple complaints that Mr. Yarborough was involved in the illegal use and sale of controlled substances in and around the Franklinton area. The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit was able to corroborate the information and the investigation led to the arrest of Mr. Yarborough as well as the execution of the search warrant at his residence. The investigation and arrest resulted in the seizure of Crack Cocaine, Marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Sheriff Kent Winstead stated, “Our response to citizen complaints is a high priority for our Drug Unit. We continue to encourage citizens to be observant and to report suspicious activity to the Sheriff’s Office. Our goal is to identify and arrest those who chose to sell these illegal drugs in our communities.”
The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit was assisted in this investigation by the North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement Branch of the SBI.
Christopher Myles Evanston Yarborough 910 Dogwood Lane Franklinton, NC 27525 DOB: 8/14/1993
Christopher Myles Evanston Yarborough was charged with the following: Possession with intent to Sell and Deliver Marijuana (2 Counts) Sell and Deliver Marijuana Possess with the Intent to Sell and Deliver Cocaine Sell and Deliver Cocaine Maintain a Dwelling/Vehicle for the purpose of Selling Controlled Substances (3 Counts).
Christopher Myles Evanston Yarborough is currently in the Franklin County Detention Center under a $75,000 secured bond.
For more information regarding this investigation, or to provide information regarding drug activity in your community, please contact Sergeant Ken Pike at (919) 496-2186.
Connect With The Author
- United Way’s 2019 Grant Application Process Now Open - March 22, 2019
- Register Now for 14th Annual Relay for Life KLCC Golf Tournament - March 22, 2019
- VGCC to Offer Open House at All Four Campuses - March 22, 2019
- Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Day – April 27 - March 22, 2019
- H-V Recreation & Parks to Hold Upcoming Egg Hunt at Two Locations - March 22, 2019
- DNA Analysis Subject of Upcoming Thornton Library Program - March 22, 2019
- Henderson-Vance Chamber Looking for Small Business of the Year Nominees - March 21, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Approves Calendars for 2019-2020 School Year - March 21, 2019
- Deadline to Register for Junior Firefighter Program Extended - March 21, 2019
- Oxford Preparatory School Announces 3rd Quarter Honor Roll for 6th Grade - March 21, 2019