100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Vance County Sheriff’s Office
On November 25, 2019, the Vance County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Unit arrested Mack Comell Chavis, (B/M, age 47), for 6 counts of Breaking and/or Entering into Convenient Stores; 1 Attempted Breaking and Entering, Larceny; 3 counts of Injury to Real Property; 4 counts of Larceny after Breaking and Entering and 1 count Misdemeanor Larceny.
Chavis was charged for incidents that occurred on December 15, 2018, at Eddins Oil Company; September 19, 2019, at On the Mark Convenient Store; September 28, 2019, at Bearpond Fresh Market; October 22, 2019, at Kittrell Food Mart; October 30, 2019, at College Station Convenient Store, November 4, 2019; at S & N Food Mart and November 7, 2019, at Highway 39 BP.
Chavis received a $60,000.00 secured bond in Wake County for some of his charges after being stopped by Raleigh Police Department in an unrelated incident. An additional bond of $40,000.00 was set for other charges in Vance County.
Chavis was placed in the Vance County Detention Center and court dates were set for December 2, 2019, and December 5, 2019, in Vance County District Court.
Additional charges are expected for incidents that occurred in Franklin County. This investigation is continuing.
Connect With The Author
- VCRFM 2019 Season Ends This Weekend! - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Undercover Operation Ends in Two Drug Arrests - December 6, 2019
- Henderson City Council to Swear In Newly Elected Officials at Mon. Meeting - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Dec. 9 - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools to Host District-Wide Family Night Dec. 10 - December 6, 2019
- Lewis Bowling, Local Author & Historian, Hosts Book Signing Dec. 8 - December 6, 2019
- Reminder: Town of Louisburg to Host Annual Christmas Parade This Sun. - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Beware of Gift Card Scam Using Sheriff Brame’s Name - December 5, 2019
- VGCC Receives $194K Grant From Duke Energy & Piedmont Natural Gas - December 5, 2019
- ‘Festival of Trees’ Wraps Up With Silent Auction on Sat. - December 5, 2019