100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Vance County Sheriff’s Office
On November 25, 2019, the Vance County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Unit arrested Mack Comell Chavis, (B/M, age 47), for 6 counts of Breaking and/or Entering into Convenient Stores; 1 Attempted Breaking and Entering, Larceny; 3 counts of Injury to Real Property; 4 counts of Larceny after Breaking and Entering and 1 count Misdemeanor Larceny.
Chavis was charged for incidents that occurred on December 15, 2018, at Eddins Oil Company; September 19, 2019, at On the Mark Convenient Store; September 28, 2019, at Bearpond Fresh Market; October 22, 2019, at Kittrell Food Mart; October 30, 2019, at College Station Convenient Store, November 4, 2019; at S & N Food Mart and November 7, 2019, at Highway 39 BP.
Chavis received a $60,000.00 secured bond in Wake County for some of his charges after being stopped by Raleigh Police Department in an unrelated incident. An additional bond of $40,000.00 was set for other charges in Vance County.
Chavis was placed in the Vance County Detention Center and court dates were set for December 2, 2019, and December 5, 2019, in Vance County District Court.
Additional charges are expected for incidents that occurred in Franklin County. This investigation is continuing.
Connect With The Author
- NC MedAssist to Hold Free Mobile Pharmacy Event in Henderson - February 17, 2020
- Henderson Man Sentenced to 26 Years for Heroin, Firearm Violations - February 17, 2020
- Reminder: Oxford City-Wide Neighborhood Watch to Meet Tues., Feb. 18 - February 17, 2020
- ‘One Noble Journey’ to Pay Tribute to Black History Month at McGregor Hall - February 17, 2020
- Wilton Elementary to Hold Annual Quarter Auction; Business Donations Requested - February 17, 2020
- Henderson’s First Biscuitville to Open on Dabney Dr. Thurs., Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Kittrell Food Mart Struck by Armed Robber Twice; Suspect Charged - February 14, 2020
- Reminder: Focus 20/20 Regional Economic Development Summit – Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Triangle North Healthcare Foundation 2020 Grant Cycle is Now Open - February 14, 2020
- Granville Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Feb. 17 - February 14, 2020