The Granville County Chamber of Commerce is providing an opportunity for inquiring minds to participate in the 30th LEADERSHIP GRANVILLE CLASS. Individuals with a sincere and genuine interest in future service to the community and those who have demonstrated commitment by previous community activities are encouraged to apply.
The program provides an education on various facets of Granville County. Individuals interested in assuming leadership positions within their organization and/or community will find the knowledge gained in the program to be an asset.
Class sessions will begin mid-September and end with graduation in early April.
The program consists of approximately twenty sessions. The length of the sessions varies from daylong to half day and some evening.
Session highlights include leadership assessment and development, personal and group dynamics, county history, city-county-state governments, education, the arts, agriculture, economics-industry-small business, health services and volunteer agencies, human services, community support, tourism, judiciary and law enforcement, visiting manufacturers, farm, industries, businesses, etc.
Sponsored by the Granville County Chamber of Commerce, Granville County Public Schools and Vance-Granville Community College, Leadership Granville offers citizens of Granville County the opportunity to acquire knowledge of the community and develop their leadership potential. It offers new citizens an opportunity to become personally and professionally acquainted with county structure and life, which can benefit their present and future leadership.
Interested individuals should contact one of the Chamber’s office locations – 124 Hillsboro Street in Oxford/Wanda, 919.693.6125, [email protected] or 1598 Highway #56, Butner/Toni Anne, 919.528.4994, [email protected] to request additional information and a class session schedule for the year.
Connect With The Author
- Perry Memorial Library Gearing Up for Youth Summer Reading Program - May 21, 2019
- State Vet Encourages Livestock Owners to Vaccinate Before Peak Rabies Season - May 21, 2019
- H-V Rec. & Parks Youth Cheerleading Registration Begins June 3 - May 21, 2019
- VGCC Graduates 15 Cadets in 108th Basic Law Enforcement Training Class - May 20, 2019
- City of Henderson Announces Memorial Day Sanitation Schedule - May 20, 2019
- Dedication Ceremonies Being Held for New Dog Park, Renamed Rollins Ave. Park - May 20, 2019
- Worship on the Front Lawn at Davis Chapel Missionary Baptist - May 20, 2019
- Reminder: Granville’s First ‘Alive After Five’ of 2019 Set for May 23 - May 20, 2019
- Granville Co. Commissioners, Staff Leaders Participate in County Assembly Day - May 20, 2019
- Oxford Board of Commissioners to Meet on FY 19-20 Budget - May 20, 2019