The Granville County Chamber of Commerce is providing an opportunity for inquiring minds to participate in the 30th LEADERSHIP GRANVILLE CLASS. Individuals with a sincere and genuine interest in future service to the community and those who have demonstrated commitment by previous community activities are encouraged to apply.
The program provides an education on various facets of Granville County. Individuals interested in assuming leadership positions within their organization and/or community will find the knowledge gained in the program to be an asset.
Class sessions will begin mid-September and end with graduation in early April.
The program consists of approximately twenty sessions. The length of the sessions varies from daylong to half day and some evening.
Session highlights include leadership assessment and development, personal and group dynamics, county history, city-county-state governments, education, the arts, agriculture, economics-industry-small business, health services and volunteer agencies, human services, community support, tourism, judiciary and law enforcement, visiting manufacturers, farm, industries, businesses, etc.
Sponsored by the Granville County Chamber of Commerce, Granville County Public Schools and Vance-Granville Community College, Leadership Granville offers citizens of Granville County the opportunity to acquire knowledge of the community and develop their leadership potential. It offers new citizens an opportunity to become personally and professionally acquainted with county structure and life, which can benefit their present and future leadership.
Interested individuals should contact one of the Chamber’s office locations – 124 Hillsboro Street in Oxford/Wanda, 919.693.6125, [email protected] or 1598 Highway #56, Butner/Toni Anne, 919.528.4994, [email protected] to request additional information and a class session schedule for the year.
Connect With The Author
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020
- Fairytale Characters to Take Over McGregor Hall! - January 24, 2020
- Granville Commissioners Call Special Meeting on JTOH Lease Appeal - January 24, 2020
- VGCC Continues Enrollment Growth Trend - January 24, 2020
- Friday Institute Showcases Partnership With Vance Co. Schools - January 24, 2020
- West End Community Watch Hears on Importance of CPR Training - January 24, 2020
- Plenty of Community Events Offered in Granville This Winter - January 24, 2020
- Mims Charged With Abduction of Children - January 24, 2020
- VCS Announces Innovative School Application Dates/Deadlines - January 23, 2020
- Granville County BOE Continues Negotiation to Lease JTOH - January 23, 2020