100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Government
In preparation for the 2020 Census, the U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting workers for temporary jobs, which include recruiting assistants, office operations supervisors, clerks, Census field supervisors and Census takers. The 2020 Census Jobs website allows applicants to apply for these positions online.
A Census representative will also be available Nov. 18, Nov. 19 and Nov. 20 at three branches of the Granville County Library System to provide additional information or to answer any questions about the recruitment process. Locations include:
- The Stovall Library on Nov. 18 from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.;
- The South Branch Library in Creedmoor on Nov. 19 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.; and
- The Richard H. Thornton Library in Oxford on Nov. 20 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Applicants will be placed in an applicant pool for 2020 Census field positions for positions they qualify for and will be contacted as work becomes available in their area.
Every ten years, the U.S. Census is undertaken to provide an accurate count of the number of people who live here, as well as demographic information for each household. The data collected impacts decisions made pertaining to education, housing, transportation, health, environmental protection and other issues. From national to local concerns the Census plays a significant role in tracking growth and planning for our future.
For more information about the jobs available, which offer flexible work hours as well as daytime, evening and weekend shifts, visit the 2020 Census Jobs page or call 1-855-JOB-2020. Applicants may also contact the Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.
To learn more about the 2020 Census, visit www.census.gov.
Connect With The Author
- School Resource Officer Under Investigation for Assault on VCMS Student - December 13, 2019
- McGregor Hall to Transform Into Christmas Wonderland for Holiday Spectacular - December 13, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Holds ‘Community to Schools’ Tour - December 13, 2019
- VGCC’s Kenneth Wilson Receives Glen Raven Award - December 13, 2019
- Take the ‘Polar Plunge’ For Vance Co. Special Olympics - December 13, 2019
- Mark Your 2020 Calendars for the New Horizons Baptist Stew Sale! - December 13, 2019
- Vance Co. Sheriff’s Office Seeking Info. on I-85 Shooting - December 12, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners Select New Chair, Vice Chair - December 12, 2019
- Baskerville Funeral Home Invites Community to ‘Service of Remembrance’ - December 12, 2019
- Two Arrested, 484 Grams of Cocaine Seized in Multi-Agency Drug Investigation - December 12, 2019