-Information courtesy Sandra Wilkerson, Director of Admin and Events, Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce
It’s time to apply for Leadership Vance 2019! If you haven’t been through the Chamber’s Leadership-Vance program, you don’t want to miss the 2019 session.
Leadership Vance is a proven, structured program, designed to create a corps of informed and dedicated emerging leaders in our community. Upon graduation, program participants will be qualified to meet the present and future challenges facing Henderson and Vance County.
Leadership Vance will inform, challenge and educate participants on the opportunities and needs of the community. Participants will strengthen their leadership skills while learning about the social, economic, and political dynamics that shape our community.
Leadership Vance will encourage development of interpersonal relationships among the participants and establish an ongoing resource network.
The intensive training and exposure to all aspects of the community will provide participants with the historical background and the skills necessary for volunteer civic and community positions. It will also benefit participants in their business and career goals.
Individuals who live or work in Vance County are invited to apply. A maximum of 25 participants will be chosen by the Leadership Vance Selection Committee and will be selected to represent all backgrounds, occupations and geographic areas of Vance County.
To receive maximum benefit from Leadership Vance, it is essential that participants and their employers be willing to commit the time necessary for successful completion of the program. A participant is expected to attend all sessions, barring extreme emergencies. A maximum of two excused absences are permitted in order to graduate from the Leadership Vance program. All participants are expected to plan and participate as a team in a community service project.
Program cost is $350 for Chamber members and $425 for non-Chamber members. The tuition fee includes all course materials, meals, retreat expenses, travel, graduation banquet and diploma.
All participants should submit a completed application to the Chamber office no later than Monday, January 7, 2019. Notifications will be made by Friday, January 18, 2019.
For more information, contact Sandra Wilkerson at (252) 438-8414 or by email at [email protected]
Connect With The Author
- Cocaine, Heroin Among Drugs Seized at State St. Residence - January 16, 2019
- VCHS to Hold Information Session for Freshmen & Their Parents - January 16, 2019
- Motor Vehicle Break-In at Davis Chapel Baptist Church - January 16, 2019
- Granville Co. Library System to Forgive Library Fees, Fines - January 16, 2019
- Govt. Shutdown Prompts Vance Co. Schools to Reduce Lunch Menu Offerings - January 15, 2019
- Registration Underway for 9th Annual Warrenton Junior Firefighter Competition - January 15, 2019
- NCDHHS to Offer Free Residential Testing Kits in Honor of Radon Action Month - January 15, 2019
- The Platters to Perform at McGregor Hall – Jan. 26 - January 15, 2019
- Upcoming Winter/Spring Events at Aycock Rec. Center - January 15, 2019
- DWI Suspected in Wreck Involving Henderson Police Car, Two Other Vehicles - January 14, 2019