-Information courtesy Sandra Wilkerson, Director of Admin and Events, Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce
It’s time to apply for Leadership Vance 2019! If you haven’t been through the Chamber’s Leadership-Vance program, you don’t want to miss the 2019 session.
Leadership Vance is a proven, structured program, designed to create a corps of informed and dedicated emerging leaders in our community. Upon graduation, program participants will be qualified to meet the present and future challenges facing Henderson and Vance County.
Leadership Vance will inform, challenge and educate participants on the opportunities and needs of the community. Participants will strengthen their leadership skills while learning about the social, economic, and political dynamics that shape our community.
Leadership Vance will encourage development of interpersonal relationships among the participants and establish an ongoing resource network.
The intensive training and exposure to all aspects of the community will provide participants with the historical background and the skills necessary for volunteer civic and community positions. It will also benefit participants in their business and career goals.
Individuals who live or work in Vance County are invited to apply. A maximum of 25 participants will be chosen by the Leadership Vance Selection Committee and will be selected to represent all backgrounds, occupations and geographic areas of Vance County.
To receive maximum benefit from Leadership Vance, it is essential that participants and their employers be willing to commit the time necessary for successful completion of the program. A participant is expected to attend all sessions, barring extreme emergencies. A maximum of two excused absences are permitted in order to graduate from the Leadership Vance program. All participants are expected to plan and participate as a team in a community service project.
Program cost is $350 for Chamber members and $425 for non-Chamber members. The tuition fee includes all course materials, meals, retreat expenses, travel, graduation banquet and diploma.
All participants should submit a completed application to the Chamber office no later than Monday, January 7, 2019. Notifications will be made by Friday, January 18, 2019.
For more information, contact Sandra Wilkerson at (252) 438-8414 or by email at [email protected]
Connect With The Author
- ‘Charlotte’s Web’ to Delight School Children, Families Alike - March 25, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Announces Upcoming End-of-Year Activities - March 25, 2019
- West End Community Watch Hears From Animal Services at March Meeting - March 25, 2019
- Rec. Baseball & Softball Opening Ceremony/Picture Day to Honor Local Youth - March 25, 2019
- United Way’s 2019 Grant Application Process Now Open - March 22, 2019
- Register Now for 14th Annual Relay for Life KLCC Golf Tournament - March 22, 2019
- VGCC to Offer Open House at All Four Campuses - March 22, 2019
- Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Day – April 27 - March 22, 2019
- H-V Recreation & Parks to Hold Upcoming Egg Hunt at Two Locations - March 22, 2019
- DNA Analysis Subject of Upcoming Thornton Library Program - March 22, 2019