100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Esther J. McCrackin, City Clerk, City of Henderson, NC
The Henderson City Council will hold a regular meeting on Monday, January 13, 2020, beginning at 6 p.m. in the R.G. (Chick) Young, Jr. Council Chambers of the Municipal Building located at 134 Rose Avenue in Henderson, NC.
Agenda items include:
Public Comment Period On Agenda Items
a) Consideration of Approval of 1) Resolution 20-01, Accepting the Building Reuse Grant Award (2020-040-3201-25807) in the Amount of $312,500; 2) Resolution 20-02, Authorizing Technical Services with Kerr Tar Regional Council of Governments (COG) for Assistance with the Grant Administration; and 3) Ordinance 20-01, Establishing a Budget for the Administration of the Grant Funds.
b) Consideration of Approval of 1) Resolution 20-07, Authorizing the City to Enter into an Agreement with the UNC School of Government, Development Finance Initiative Unit, for Technical Services Related to City Redevelopment in the Amount of $127,550; and 2) Ordinance 20-04, FY20 BA #14, Establishing a CIP General Fund Budget for the UNC School of Government Redevelopment Technical Assistance Agreement.
a) Consideration of Approval of 1) Resolution 20-03, Authorizing a Bid Award to North State Water & Sewer in the Amount of $214,451 for the Dabney Drive 10 – inch Water Main Replacement Project; and 2) Ordinance 20-03, FY20 BA #12, Establishing a CIP Budget for the Dabney Drive Water Main Replacement.
b) Consideration of Approval of Resolution 20-04, Authorizing an Easement for Public Handicap Access to/from 318 South Garnett Street.
c) Consideration of Approval of Ordinance 20-02, FY 20 BA #13, Amending the General Fund to Appropriate Reserve Funds to Compensate Retiring City Manager’s Annual Leave and Other Costs Associated with New City Manager.
d) Consideration of Approval of Tax Releases and Refunds from Vance County for the Month of November 2019.
Public Comment Period On Non-Agenda Items
a) Mayor/Mayor Pro-Tem (No Report)
b) City Manager (No Report)
c) City Attorney (No Report)
d) City Clerk
i. Meeting and Events Calendar
ii. E-911 Monthly Report
iii. Fire Department Monthly Report
iv. Public Services Monthly Report
v. Code Enforcement Yearly Report
a) Pursuant to G.S.§143-318.11 (a)(3) regarding an Attorney-Client Matter
b) Pursuant to G.S.§143-318.11 (a)(6) regarding a Personnel Matter
Swearing in of New City Manager
a) Consideration of Approval of Resolution 20-05, Approving an Employment Contract Between the City of Henderson, North Carolina and Edward Terrell Blackmon.
b) Consideration of Approval of Resolution 20-06, Authorizing the Mayor to Sign a Corporate Resolution for First Citizens Bank Updating Signatory Information.
Click here to view previous and current Henderson City Council meeting agendas and minutes.
Connect With The Author
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020
- Fairytale Characters to Take Over McGregor Hall! - January 24, 2020
- Granville Commissioners Call Special Meeting on JTOH Lease Appeal - January 24, 2020
- VGCC Continues Enrollment Growth Trend - January 24, 2020
- Friday Institute Showcases Partnership With Vance Co. Schools - January 24, 2020
- West End Community Watch Hears on Importance of CPR Training - January 24, 2020
- Plenty of Community Events Offered in Granville This Winter - January 24, 2020
- Mims Charged With Abduction of Children - January 24, 2020
- VCS Announces Innovative School Application Dates/Deadlines - January 23, 2020
- Granville County BOE Continues Negotiation to Lease JTOH - January 23, 2020