-Information courtesy the Warren County Cooperative Extension Office
The recent federal government shutdown left federal employees, and people on government assistance (SNAP, EBT, etc.), vulnerable. Due to the shutdown, the food stamps that were meant for the month of February were issued in January. There was confusion, and many utilized the food stamps in the month of January while they had to last through February.
With this situation, and the possibility of another shutdown on the horizon, the marginalized and food insecure citizens of our community are particularly vulnerable. We can predict a high need of resources from the food pantry towards the end of February.
Every year, North Carolina A&T Cooperative Extension encourages its agents to host a food drive to celebrate Small Farms Week in March. While it is early, I believe that the need is more pertinent now, and the impact will be much greater if we began the food drive now.
If you are interested in making a donation, please bring it to the Warren County Cooperative Extension Office – 158 Rafters Ln, Warrenton, contact (252) 257-3640 or email [email protected].
Thank you! We look forward to your donations.
– William Landis, Extension Agent
Connect With The Author
- VGCC Holds Convocation, Recognizes Employees’ Years of Service - August 20, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Set for ‘Cruise-In’ and ‘Movie Under the Stars’ - August 20, 2019
- Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist to Host Choir Day 2019 - August 20, 2019
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019