-Information courtesy the Warren County Cooperative Extension Office
The recent federal government shutdown left federal employees, and people on government assistance (SNAP, EBT, etc.), vulnerable. Due to the shutdown, the food stamps that were meant for the month of February were issued in January. There was confusion, and many utilized the food stamps in the month of January while they had to last through February.
With this situation, and the possibility of another shutdown on the horizon, the marginalized and food insecure citizens of our community are particularly vulnerable. We can predict a high need of resources from the food pantry towards the end of February.
Every year, North Carolina A&T Cooperative Extension encourages its agents to host a food drive to celebrate Small Farms Week in March. While it is early, I believe that the need is more pertinent now, and the impact will be much greater if we began the food drive now.
If you are interested in making a donation, please bring it to the Warren County Cooperative Extension Office – 158 Rafters Ln, Warrenton, contact (252) 257-3640 or email [email protected].
Thank you! We look forward to your donations.
– William Landis, Extension Agent
Connect With The Author
- Reminder: Vance Co. Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Event Next Sat.! - April 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market to Open Season With Spring Fling - April 19, 2019
- VGCC Names 134 Students to Fall Semester Dean’s List - April 19, 2019
- Kerr Lake Country Club to Celebrate 55 Years With ‘Business After Hours’ - April 19, 2019
- VGCC Names 79 Students to Fall Semester President’s List - April 18, 2019
- Reminder: Eichner to Perform at McGregor Hall Friday Evening - April 18, 2019
- Troxler Encourages Horse Owners to Vaccinate Against Mosquito-Borne Diseases - April 18, 2019
- Franklin Co. Sheriff Partners With ALE to Make Drug Arrests, Seizures - April 18, 2019
- Kerr Lake Set for T-H Marine FLW Bass Fishing League Tournament - April 17, 2019
- City of Henderson Announces Recent Untreated Wastewater Discharges - April 17, 2019