VIPERS FOOTBALL PREVIEW
Warren County at Vance County
Saturday, November 3rd, 2018
Can Vance County High School end its first regular football season with back to back wins? The Vipers have their chance on Saturday when they host the Eagles of Warren County.
The Vipers, now 3-7 (2-3 Northern Carolina Conference) narrowly escaped winless J. F. Webb 14-13 at Vance County’s first Homecoming game last Thursday night, and are fortunate to have the home field again for Saturday’s match-up, which was postponed from September 14. The Eagles, 2-7 (1-4 NCC) will meet a more experienced and confident nest of Vipers on Saturday than the winless VC team they would have encountered 6 weeks ago, and Warren County has struggled since September 14, losing 5 in a row.
A win on Saturday might give the Vipers an outside chance at a playoff birth, and Warren’s defense is weak. However, the two offenses are very similar, scoring an average of three touchdowns per game. Crisp passing from Viper QB Samien Burwell, more catches from his receivers, and far fewer penalties should give Vance County that win, and a repeat of last week’s great running game from Devonte Evans wouldn’t hurt, either.
Catch all the live action of Vance County Friday Football on WIZS 100.1 FM / 1450 AM and online at www.wizs.com kicking off at 6:00 PM.
Connect With The Author
- Vipers move on in the South Granville Holiday Tournament - December 28, 2018
- KVA Sweeps Faith Christian - December 7, 2018
- KVA Splits with Halifax Academy in Hoops - November 28, 2018
- Northern Carolina 1A / 2A Conference 2018 All-Conference Football Team - November 28, 2018
- Panthers Fall to Seahawks - November 27, 2018
- Free Duke Football Tickets for Students - November 15, 2018
- Northern Carolina Conference Volleyball Awards 2018 - November 5, 2018
- VIPERS FOOTBALL PREVIEW - November 2, 2018
- VIPERS FOOTBALL PREVIEW - October 24, 2018
- VIPERS FOOTBALL PREVIEW - October 19, 2018
Trey Snide is originally from Myrtle Beach, SC and now resides in Oxford, NC. Trey is the main host for our new program called Beach Music Blast & is a Play-by-Play Announcer for local high school sports in Vance County on WIZS1450 AM. He also can be heard on Sports Mayhem & Town Talk.
A 2017 DJ and Online Radio Show of the year nominee at the Carolina Beach Music Awards, Trey has a passion for beach music and wants to introduce you to to a little new, a little old and some things in between about the history of Beach music.