VIPERS FOOTBALL PREVIEW
North Lenoir at Vance County
Saturday, October 15th, 2018
Game Time: 1:00 PM
Southern Vance lost last year’s first-ever meeting with the Hawks in a 50-36 shootout, but N. Lenoir went on to a 5-6 record (2-4 in their conference) and missed the playoffs. The Hawks’ 2017 offense, a lot like this year’s Vipers on paper, was not too bad, averaging 25 points per game, and breaking 40 points in 4 of their 5 wins; but their defense had a lot of holes in it, so when they lost they lost big, allowing an average of 34 points per game.
First-year coach Jim Collins inherited an improved program, elevated by his predecessor from records of 2-9 in both 2014 and 2015, to 6-6 in 2017, and 5-6 last year. This year’s 50-man roster includes 16 seniors, so there should have been a core to build on. But the Hawks were 0-3 as of September 7 this season, and they missed 3 games in a row because of the hurricane. Returning to action against conference opponent Greene Central last week, the Hawks lost 42-26. Meeting a winless team at home who has similar challenges to their own, the Vipers have a clear opportunity to notch their second victory before entering their conference home stretch.
Catch all the action right here on WIZS 100.1 FM / 1450 AM and online at www.wizs.com.
Connect With The Author
- KVA Sweeps Faith Christian - December 7, 2018
- KVA Splits with Halifax Academy in Hoops - November 28, 2018
- Northern Carolina 1A / 2A Conference 2018 All-Conference Football Team - November 28, 2018
- Panthers Fall to Seahawks - November 27, 2018
- Free Duke Football Tickets for Students - November 15, 2018
- Northern Carolina Conference Volleyball Awards 2018 - November 5, 2018
- VIPERS FOOTBALL PREVIEW - November 2, 2018
- VIPERS FOOTBALL PREVIEW - October 24, 2018
- VIPERS FOOTBALL PREVIEW - October 19, 2018
- VIPERS FOOTBALL PREVIEW - October 11, 2018
Trey Snide is originally from Myrtle Beach, SC and now resides in Oxford, NC. Trey is the main host for our new program called Beach Music Blast & is a Play-by-Play Announcer for local high school sports in Vance County on WIZS1450 AM. He also can be heard on Sports Mayhem & Town Talk.
A 2017 DJ and Online Radio Show of the year nominee at the Carolina Beach Music Awards, Trey has a passion for beach music and wants to introduce you to to a little new, a little old and some things in between about the history of Beach music.