— courtesy VGCC
VGCC to hold Business Technologies event
Vance-Granville Community College will hold a “Business Technologies & Career Explo” (short for “Exploration”) on Thursday, March 1, from 3-7 p.m., in the Civic Center on the college’s Main Campus in Vance County.
Attendees will be able to explore VGCC’s programs related to business and information technology and the career fields for which those programs provide training. The programs include Accounting, Business Administration, Information Technology (with tracks in Business Support, Networking/Security, Simulation & Game Development and Web Design/Support), Medical Office Administration, Office Administration, Paralegal Technology and Supply Chain Management.
VGCC’s Continuing Education division will also be represented, as will the Career & College Promise program, which provides eligible high school students with opportunities to pursue a college degree, diploma or certificate, without having to pay college tuition.
Door prizes will be given away, including a laptop computer, an Echo Dot, LED speakers and Virtual Reality glasses.
Refreshments will be provided by the VGCC Culinary Arts program.
“There will be an incredible variety of programs and careers on display all in one room at this event,” said Christal Thomas, head of VGCC’s Office Administration program and coordinator for the ‘explo.’ “We have tried to make it convenient for anyone to attend, whether they’re a high school student or a working adult looking for a new career. VGCC’s Business Technologies department offers classes on four campuses and online, so there are opportunities that practically anyone can access.”
Those who are unable to attend in person will be able to participate in a live chat during the event, which will be accessible on the VGCC website at www.vgcc.edu/bustechexplo. For more information, contact Christal Thomas at [email protected].
(This is not a paid advertisement.)
Connect With The Author
- Johnston Co. Resident Arrested in Franklin County – Suspect in Shooting - March 19, 2018
- Murder Suspect Turned Himself In (3-16-18) - March 16, 2018
- VGCC instructor’s children donate pieces of history to library - March 16, 2018
- VGCC honors Men’s Basketball sophomores - March 16, 2018
- Fish Fry 3-19-18 To Benefit Local Missions - March 15, 2018
- Press Release Homicide 03/14/18 - March 15, 2018
- SBI Requesting Help To Find This Car (Warren Home Invasion) - March 13, 2018
- 31 Year Old Man Shot Dead; HPD Investigating - March 12, 2018
- Franklin County Sheriff Makes Meth Lab Arrest 3-10-18 - March 12, 2018
- VGCC scholarship endowed by MR Williams - February 26, 2018