— courtesy VGCC
VGCC to hold Business Technologies event
Vance-Granville Community College will hold a “Business Technologies & Career Explo” (short for “Exploration”) on Thursday, March 1, from 3-7 p.m., in the Civic Center on the college’s Main Campus in Vance County.
Attendees will be able to explore VGCC’s programs related to business and information technology and the career fields for which those programs provide training. The programs include Accounting, Business Administration, Information Technology (with tracks in Business Support, Networking/Security, Simulation & Game Development and Web Design/Support), Medical Office Administration, Office Administration, Paralegal Technology and Supply Chain Management.
VGCC’s Continuing Education division will also be represented, as will the Career & College Promise program, which provides eligible high school students with opportunities to pursue a college degree, diploma or certificate, without having to pay college tuition.
Door prizes will be given away, including a laptop computer, an Echo Dot, LED speakers and Virtual Reality glasses.
Refreshments will be provided by the VGCC Culinary Arts program.
“There will be an incredible variety of programs and careers on display all in one room at this event,” said Christal Thomas, head of VGCC’s Office Administration program and coordinator for the ‘explo.’ “We have tried to make it convenient for anyone to attend, whether they’re a high school student or a working adult looking for a new career. VGCC’s Business Technologies department offers classes on four campuses and online, so there are opportunities that practically anyone can access.”
Those who are unable to attend in person will be able to participate in a live chat during the event, which will be accessible on the VGCC website at www.vgcc.edu/bustechexplo. For more information, contact Christal Thomas at [email protected].
(This is not a paid advertisement.)
Connect With The Author
- Maria Parham Health Awarded Hospital Accreditation From the Joint Commission - September 17, 2018
- City’s Remodeled Fire Station, New Engine to be on Display at Open House - September 17, 2018
- Henderson-Vance Crime Stoppers to Hold Annual Awards Banquet - September 17, 2018
- September’s ‘Gathering of Gardeners’ Workshop Canceled - September 17, 2018
- Aycock Rec. Center’s Fall Festival to Offer Family Fun - September 17, 2018
- Amis Chapel Baptist to Host ‘Family Fun Day’ at Oxford’s Camp Oak Hill - September 17, 2018
- Vance Co. Tornado Not Confirmed by Local Officials; No Damage Reported - September 17, 2018
- Television Show ‘Fishing University’ to Feature Kerr Lake, Vance Co. Attractions - September 14, 2018
- Hurricane Florence Updates – Sept. 14 - September 14, 2018
- Go With the ‘Flo’ – Vance Co. Farmers Market Will be Open This Sat. - September 14, 2018