— courtesy VGCC
VGCC to hold Business Technologies event
Vance-Granville Community College will hold a “Business Technologies & Career Explo” (short for “Exploration”) on Thursday, March 1, from 3-7 p.m., in the Civic Center on the college’s Main Campus in Vance County.
Attendees will be able to explore VGCC’s programs related to business and information technology and the career fields for which those programs provide training. The programs include Accounting, Business Administration, Information Technology (with tracks in Business Support, Networking/Security, Simulation & Game Development and Web Design/Support), Medical Office Administration, Office Administration, Paralegal Technology and Supply Chain Management.
VGCC’s Continuing Education division will also be represented, as will the Career & College Promise program, which provides eligible high school students with opportunities to pursue a college degree, diploma or certificate, without having to pay college tuition.
Door prizes will be given away, including a laptop computer, an Echo Dot, LED speakers and Virtual Reality glasses.
Refreshments will be provided by the VGCC Culinary Arts program.
“There will be an incredible variety of programs and careers on display all in one room at this event,” said Christal Thomas, head of VGCC’s Office Administration program and coordinator for the ‘explo.’ “We have tried to make it convenient for anyone to attend, whether they’re a high school student or a working adult looking for a new career. VGCC’s Business Technologies department offers classes on four campuses and online, so there are opportunities that practically anyone can access.”
Those who are unable to attend in person will be able to participate in a live chat during the event, which will be accessible on the VGCC website at www.vgcc.edu/bustechexplo. For more information, contact Christal Thomas at [email protected].
(This is not a paid advertisement.)
Connect With The Author
- Help Needed in Identifying F-150 Involved in Vance Construction Theft - December 14, 2018
- NC General Assembly Approves Deadline Extension for Agricultural Disaster Program - December 14, 2018
- Elevated Flood Risk for All of Central NC Through Early Next Week - December 14, 2018
- H-V Chamber & VGCC Partner to Present WOVEN – Networking Opportunities for Women - December 14, 2018
- Vance Co. Deputies Arrest Four on Charges of Narcotics Sales & Use - December 13, 2018
- Calling All Emerging Community Leaders: Time to Apply for Leadership Vance 2019 - December 13, 2018
- Public Hearing on Possible Middle School Consolidation Slated for Dec. 18 - December 13, 2018
- Woman Wanted for Questioning in Nans Lane Break-In - December 13, 2018
- Back by Popular Demand: Masters of Soul to Return to McGregor Hall - December 13, 2018
- Vance Co. Sheriff’s Office Locates, Arrests Six Local Absconders - December 12, 2018