FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 28, 2018
VGCC schedules tax seminar for small businesses
The Vance-Granville Community College Small Business Center, in partnership with Woodforest National Bank and the Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce, is offering a “Lunch Break to Educate” seminar on “Tax Planning & Reporting for a Small Business” on Wednesday, March 7, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The seminar, which is free of charge, will be held at the Chamber of Commerce office at 414 South Garnett Street in Henderson.
After completing this seminar, attendees will be able to identify the federal, state and local tax reporting requirements of a small business and its owner, and to establish a plan to account and pay for those taxes. They will also learn how to identify methods for researching the local, municipal, and county reporting/licensing requirements for a small business.
Lunch will be provided by Woodforest National Bank to the first 20 participants who register.
The seminar is part of a series, called “Preparing for a Healthy Business in 2018,” being offered by the VGCC Small Business Center periodically throughout the year.
Registration can be completed online at www.vgcc.edu/schedules/small-business-center. The deadline to register is March 2.
For more information, contact Tanya Weary at [email protected] or (252) 738-3240.
Connect With The Author
- Is It Time for a Colonoscopy? - March 21, 2018
- African-American Business Seminar at NVHS 3-23-18 - March 21, 2018
- Granville County Board of Education – Public Hearing 4-9-18 - March 21, 2018
- Current Public Service Announcements - March 21, 2018
- Current Tradio Items - March 21, 2018
- 3-21-18 Weather and Closings/Delays - March 20, 2018
- Zeb Vance Ruritan Club Boston Butts for Easter 2018 - March 20, 2018
- Union Chapel United Methodist Church Stew 4-7-18 - March 20, 2018
- Granville County Internet Access Survey 2018 - March 20, 2018
- Granville Alive After Five 2018 - March 20, 2018