WIZS, Your Community Voice. Thank you for listening!
The Local Skinny! each Wednesday on WIZS is the Vance County Cooperative Extension Service Home and Garden Show.
UPCOMING EVENTS: GAP Workshop September 9, 2021 9am – 4pm Vance County Regional Farmers Market; 210 Southpark Drive; Contact Cooperative Extension 252-438-8188 for more info and to register.
- Get your soil samples taken early for 2022 garden.
- Be on the lookout for fall armyworms.
- Check crops for harlequin bugs, aphids, cabbage worms, loopers.
- Do research for fall planting of trees and shrubs.
- Remember get vegetables under refrigeration as soon as possible.
- Avoid pruning from now until mid November at the earliest.
- Sow your tall fescue seed now though mid-September. Get soil seed contact and water frequently.
- Cooperative Extension has fall gardening publications. Call Cooperative Extension 438-8188