100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Government
The “Thank-A-Vet” program is ready to launch in Granville County. Beginning November 12, the Granville County Register of Deeds will be providing Veterans with a FREE service as a photo identification card is offered that can be used for discounts at participating local businesses. This service will be available to all veterans who register or have already registered their DD-214 form.
A list of businesses offering discounts will be provided to each veteran who participates in this program and includes:
- Air Works Heating and Air
- Art and Antique Gallery
- Black’s Tire Service
- Butner Care Care Service, Inc.
- Comfort Inn and Suites
- Georges of Oxford
- Granville Athletic Park (facility rentals)
- Granville County Expo and Convention Center (facility rentals)
- Granville Little Theater
- Lake Rogers, Creedmoor (rentals)
- Mark E. Bostic, DDS
- NAPA Auto Parts
- O’Reilly’s Auto Parts
- Oxford Car and Truck
- Peace Point Guest House and Retreat
- Premier Eye Institute, OD, PLLC
- Professional Pharmacy
- T. Owen Electric Inc.
- Select Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc.
- Southern States of Oxford
- The Hub on Main
- This and That
- Tobacco Wood Brewing Co.
- Verizon Wireless
- Whitco Termite and Pest Control
To register for this service, veterans should bring a valid, state-issued driver’s license or identification card, such as their military ID, and an original DD-214 form. If the DD-214 form has already been registered with the Granville County Register of Deeds office, record verification will be provided prior to issuing this “Thank A Vet” photo identification card.
The Granville County Register of Deeds office is located at 101 Main Street in Oxford, inside the Courthouse building. Hours for issuing these cards will be Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Those with questions about this FREE photo ID service should contact Kathy Taylor, Granville County Register of Deeds, at [email protected] or at 919-693-6314.
Connect With The Author
- School Resource Officer Under Investigation for Assault on VCMS Student - December 13, 2019
- McGregor Hall to Transform Into Christmas Wonderland for Holiday Spectacular - December 13, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Holds ‘Community to Schools’ Tour - December 13, 2019
- VGCC’s Kenneth Wilson Receives Glen Raven Award - December 13, 2019
- Take the ‘Polar Plunge’ For Vance Co. Special Olympics - December 13, 2019
- Mark Your 2020 Calendars for the New Horizons Baptist Stew Sale! - December 13, 2019
- Vance Co. Sheriff’s Office Seeking Info. on I-85 Shooting - December 12, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners Select New Chair, Vice Chair - December 12, 2019
- Baskerville Funeral Home Invites Community to ‘Service of Remembrance’ - December 12, 2019
- Two Arrested, 484 Grams of Cocaine Seized in Multi-Agency Drug Investigation - December 12, 2019