— courtesy of Vance Granville Community College
The seventh annual Vance-Granville Community College Small Business Summit will offer the “Recipe for Success” for aspiring entrepreneurs, small business owners and non-profit leaders, among others, on Monday, Oct. 15. “Making Your Dreams a Reality” is the theme for this year’s event being held in the Warren County Armory and Convention Center.
Duke Energy is the presenting sponsor for the summit. Local partners helping the VGCC Small Business Center to organize the event are the Chamber of Commerce of Warren County, the Warren County Economic Development Commission and the Lake Gaston Regional Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center.
Business representatives and interested members of the community are invited to attend the summit, which is being held from 5 to 8:15 p.m. at the center on 501 US Highway 158 Business East in Warrenton. Registration is now open at https://tinyurl.com/sbcsummit.
The event, including dinner, is free to the first 50 people who register. Prizes will also be awarded.
Martin Brossman, a leading authority on social media and online marketing, is the keynote speaker for the summit. He will explore the topic of “What is Your Digital First Impression Online (and why it is important!).”
“Your future customers want to know more about you than just what is on your website, and they may trust you less if they don’t,” said Brossman. “We all are looking for secondary validation for everything from credible information for a product, business, person or service. This session is going to show you the free and low-cost ways to make the best digital (web-based) first impression that will lead to more sales and more referrals for your business.”
Brossman, who is a business coach, consultant and dynamic trainer, is known for his insight and humor. A member of the National Speakers Bureau, he teaches at North Carolina community college Small Business Centers across the state in addition to the Social Media Management Certificate program at North Carolina State University.
Other topics to be covered at the summit include “Stock Your Pantry with the Right Business Resources” and “Top 10 Tips on How to Work with Media.” Tabletop Media Group’s founder Kristen Baughman will lead the media presentation, covering how your brand can help your small business gain more exposure by pitching and engaging with bloggers, media, Instagram stars and more.
Additional sponsors of the summit include the Lake Gaston Gazette-Observer, The Daily Dispatch, The Warren Record, WARR 1520 AM, and WIZS 1450 AM/100.1 FM.
For more information, contact VGCC Small Business Center Director Tanya Weary at (252) 738-3240 or [email protected].
(Vance Granville Community College is a paying advertising partner of WIZS, and WIZS also partners with other organizations listed in this news release from VGCC. WIZS is also sponsoring this event. This story, however, is not a paid advertisement.)
Connect With The Author
- Vance Co. Schools’ Student Spotlight Winners Tour Washington, D.C. - June 24, 2019
- West End Community Watch Hears From Planning Director on Required Permits - June 24, 2019
- Aycock Rec. Center to Offer Fast-Track Afternoon Swim Lessons - June 24, 2019
- Granville Co. Government’s Summer Civic Leadership Program Underway - June 24, 2019
- VGCC Child Care Center Awarded Five Stars - June 21, 2019
- Vance Co. Animal Services Recipient of Spay/Neuter Grant - June 21, 2019
- 9V Batteries Needed for Fire Dept.’s Annual Campaign - June 21, 2019
- Alston Arrested on Multiple Drug, Firearm-Related Charges - June 21, 2019
- VCS Students Benefit From Read to Achieve Summer Camps - June 21, 2019
- Granville’s Lake Holt Fireworks Celebration Set for Wed., July 3 - June 21, 2019