100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Dr. Stan Winborne, Public Information Officer, Granville Co. Public Schools
SRO’s Helping Hands Closet is in need of donations from the community.
Who are we?
We are a group of Granville County Sheriff’s deputies that work as School Resource Officers at Granville County Public Schools.
What is this about?
We come in contact with many children through our jobs, families in distress and others with various needs. We have the ability to reach out and give back to these individuals within our schools and other areas of our community that we serve. We do this by collecting gently used or new clothing, school supplies, hygiene products, toys and other items that we distribute throughout the community as we find someone in need.
Where is this located?
Currently, we are based out of J.F. Webb High School and Hawley Middle School.
How does it work?
As we receive a referral from the community or initiate one ourselves, we will discretely determine the needs of the individual and/or family and have them come in to gather items that they have a need for. In the event they are not able to come to one of our locations, we may be able to gather some items in the sizes they have requested and bring them to a location to see what works for them; however, it is much better for them to come to us.
Who can refer and/or participate?
We accept referrals from anyone. If there is a need that we can service, we will see if we can help that person out.
Because we are the do’ers. That’s our calling and the profession we chose. We have been placed in the position to give back to others.
These are some of the items but not limited to what we accept:
Clean clothing (all ages, sizes and gender), coats, belts, new socks/underwear, shoes, prom dresses, diapers, blankets and other household supplies, toiletries, personal hygiene supplies, book bags and school supplies, canned and non-perishable foods, great condition toys and children’s books.
We are always in need of clothing garment racks/displays, clothes hangers (adult, child and pant).
You can contact an SRO at one of the schools directly and arrange a drop-off or pick up, or contact Brad O’Briant 919-691-1472 or Jessica Laws 919-691-3519.
Connect With The Author
- Duke Energy’s Work Continues During Stay-at-Home Ordinance - April 3, 2020
- Franklin County to Impose Curfew Effective Sun., April 5 - April 3, 2020
- Franklin Co. Schools Home-Based Assignments, Wi-Fi Access Available April 6 - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Offering Free At-Home Egg Hunt to 25 Families - April 3, 2020
- First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in Warren County - April 3, 2020
- VGCC Small Business Center Offering Eight-Part ‘Doing Business Remotely’ Series - April 3, 2020
- Granville Board of Education’s April 6 Meeting to be Conducted Electronically - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Announces Closure of All Playgrounds, Outdoor Basketball Courts - April 3, 2020
- Vance Board of Commissioners to Hold April Meeting With Limited Public Access - April 2, 2020
- No Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Warren Co. to Date - April 2, 2020