— info courtesy Warren Co. Cooperative Extension
Training Program for Food Protection Manager Certification
Safe Plates course and test will take place on July 1-3
Class will be held on July 1st & 2nd
Test: July 3rd: 9am-11am
Location: Hawkins Center: 427 West Franklin Street
What is Safe Plates
Warren County Cooperative Extension offers Safe Plates for all those who work in the food service industry. The course helps food establishments meet the North Carolina requirement of having at least one supervisor certified as a food protection manager, per the FDA Food Code 2013.
What Information is Covered?
Safe Plates includes instruction on personal hygiene and employee health; purchasing and storage; eliminating crosscontamination; handling allergens; pest control and facility design; cleaning and sanitizing and correct temperatures for storing, preparing and holding foods.
Who Should Participate?
This course is designed for food employees who are seeking food protection manager certification. Certification is based on passing the ANSI-approved exam from the National Registry for Food Safety Professionals. Certification is accepted throughout the United States for five years from date of exam, and includes a certificate to be displayed in the workplace as well as a wallet card.
How is Safe Plates Different?
NC Safe Plates is taught through case studies, storytelling, activities and discussion. This class is interactive and encourages participants to engage with the material.
Connect With The Author
- Brian Short Named NCAPCO Director of the Year - September 18, 2019
- Current Tradio Items - September 17, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - September 17, 2019
- Storm and Emergency Info and MUSIC - September 5, 2019
- Triangle North Industrial Park Selected for Site Visit - August 27, 2019
- WIZS Celebration; 3p-7p, Saturday; Ribeyes of Hend; Rick Strickland Band Live - August 14, 2019
- Town Talk 08/12/19 - August 12, 2019
- Governor Roy Cooper Shows Support for NC House Rep. Terry Garrison - August 6, 2019
- Governor’s Veto Affirms Henderson Remains KLRWS Managing Partner - August 2, 2019
- Town Talk 07/29/19 - July 29, 2019