— info courtesy Warren Co. Cooperative Extension
Training Program for Food Protection Manager Certification
Safe Plates course and test will take place on July 1-3
Class will be held on July 1st & 2nd
Test: July 3rd: 9am-11am
Location: Hawkins Center: 427 West Franklin Street
What is Safe Plates
Warren County Cooperative Extension offers Safe Plates for all those who work in the food service industry. The course helps food establishments meet the North Carolina requirement of having at least one supervisor certified as a food protection manager, per the FDA Food Code 2013.
What Information is Covered?
Safe Plates includes instruction on personal hygiene and employee health; purchasing and storage; eliminating crosscontamination; handling allergens; pest control and facility design; cleaning and sanitizing and correct temperatures for storing, preparing and holding foods.
Who Should Participate?
This course is designed for food employees who are seeking food protection manager certification. Certification is based on passing the ANSI-approved exam from the National Registry for Food Safety Professionals. Certification is accepted throughout the United States for five years from date of exam, and includes a certificate to be displayed in the workplace as well as a wallet card.
How is Safe Plates Different?
NC Safe Plates is taught through case studies, storytelling, activities and discussion. This class is interactive and encourages participants to engage with the material.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - June 20, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - June 20, 2019
- Juvenile Took Loaded Gun To Clarke Elementary Thursday - June 14, 2019
- Special Vance Co. Commissioners Meeting 6 p.m. Monday - June 14, 2019
- WOVEN: A Safe Community Starts With YOU - June 14, 2019
- Granville County Board of Commissioners Agenda 06-17-19 - June 14, 2019
- July 15th Forum About Autism Identification Changes - June 14, 2019
- Vance County FY 19-20 Budget CONSENSUS - June 13, 2019
- 31 Retire From Vance County Schools - June 13, 2019
- Candidate Interviews for Vacant Dist 1 Board of Ed Seat - June 13, 2019