The Granville County Chamber of Commerce’s 16th year of Alive After Five events will begin Thursday, May 23, from 5:30 until 8:30 p.m. in Oxford’s downtown parking lot at Littlejohn and Gilliam Streets.
This year’s entertainers will be a band which began in 1958, 61 years ago, the incredible Embers featuring Craig Woolard.
The Embers boast numerous albums and single releases that span decades and continue to exhibit top quality showmanship, musicianship and professionalism. Having been inducted into the South Carolina Rhythm and Blues Hall of Fame and the South Carolina Beach Music Hall of Fame, The Embers are honored to carry the moniker of North Carolina’s Official Ambassadors of Music. They have traveled the country and the world and have performed for every event imaginable, from the highest dignitaries to the hottest back yard frat parties.
The Embers were also honored to travel throughout South Korea to perform their Christmas special “Christmas with the Embers” on American Military Bases for America’s troops in December of 2007 and 2008. They were awarded Military Coins of Excellence for their distinguished service.
The Embers are widely considered a musical marvel and have laid the groundwork for what has become known as “Beach Music” in the Carolinas, Virginias, the Gulf Coast region of North America and every beach in between. They are a true musical tradition that many Americans have listened to from childhood to adulthood. The Embers consider the genre of Beach Music as “music with a memory” and have been creating lasting memories since its inception in 1958. Simply put – Heart and Soul, Rhythm and Blues, Feel Good Music.
Today, touring is commonplace for The Embers, who regularly boast an average of 225 shows per year. They also embark on a cruise each year for their friends and fans to various locations throughout the Caribbean. And don’t miss their Christmas shows – perfect to get you in the mood for the holiday season!
The Embers are truly one of the finest entertainment experiences of our lifetime. Come to their show on May 23, and they will put JOY in your step, LOVE in your heart and BEACH MUSIC in your soul!”
Additional Alive After Five events include:
Thursday, August 15, THE ATTRACTIONS Band will be entertainers for the second concert in Creedmoor in the VanNess Chevrolet parking lot, 107 West Lyon Street, Creedmoor.
Completing the season will be Jim Quick and Coastline Band in Oxford on Thursday, September 12.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019