The Granville County Chamber of Commerce’s 16th year of Alive After Five events will begin Thursday, May 23, from 5:30 until 8:30 p.m. in Oxford’s downtown parking lot at Littlejohn and Gilliam Streets.
This year’s entertainers will be a band which began in 1958, 61 years ago, the incredible Embers featuring Craig Woolard.
The Embers boast numerous albums and single releases that span decades and continue to exhibit top quality showmanship, musicianship and professionalism. Having been inducted into the South Carolina Rhythm and Blues Hall of Fame and the South Carolina Beach Music Hall of Fame, The Embers are honored to carry the moniker of North Carolina’s Official Ambassadors of Music. They have traveled the country and the world and have performed for every event imaginable, from the highest dignitaries to the hottest back yard frat parties.
The Embers were also honored to travel throughout South Korea to perform their Christmas special “Christmas with the Embers” on American Military Bases for America’s troops in December of 2007 and 2008. They were awarded Military Coins of Excellence for their distinguished service.
The Embers are widely considered a musical marvel and have laid the groundwork for what has become known as “Beach Music” in the Carolinas, Virginias, the Gulf Coast region of North America and every beach in between. They are a true musical tradition that many Americans have listened to from childhood to adulthood. The Embers consider the genre of Beach Music as “music with a memory” and have been creating lasting memories since its inception in 1958. Simply put – Heart and Soul, Rhythm and Blues, Feel Good Music.
Today, touring is commonplace for The Embers, who regularly boast an average of 225 shows per year. They also embark on a cruise each year for their friends and fans to various locations throughout the Caribbean. And don’t miss their Christmas shows – perfect to get you in the mood for the holiday season!
The Embers are truly one of the finest entertainment experiences of our lifetime. Come to their show on May 23, and they will put JOY in your step, LOVE in your heart and BEACH MUSIC in your soul!”
Additional Alive After Five events include:
Thursday, August 15, THE ATTRACTIONS Band will be entertainers for the second concert in Creedmoor in the VanNess Chevrolet parking lot, 107 West Lyon Street, Creedmoor.
Completing the season will be Jim Quick and Coastline Band in Oxford on Thursday, September 12.
Connect With The Author
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019
- Five Aliens Indicted on Illegal Reentry Charges, Two Found in Granville Co. - August 16, 2019
- Animal Services to Waive Adoption Fees for National Clear the Shelter Event - August 15, 2019
- Annual ‘Cops on Top’ Event to Raise Money for Special Olympics of NC - August 15, 2019