100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
The Granville County Chamber of Commerce’s second Alive After Five event of 2019 will be held Thursday evening, August 15, from 5:30 until 8:30 pm in the parking lot at VanNess Chevrolet, downtown Creedmoor.
Join the Chamber as we celebrate our 16th year of AA5 events with incredible entertainment and concessions provided by Chamber members – Chick-fil-A, Williamson’s Country Store and Grill, Coca-Cola and Long Beverage.
Music will be provided by the popular “The Attractions Band,” which originally formed in 1965 when “a group of teenagers from Burlington formed a local band in the basement of a music store.”
The band went on to “open for and were the backup band for well-known performers such as ‘The Tams,’ Clifford Curry, Jimmy Ruffin, ‘The Fifth Dimension’ and ‘The Platters.’”
As the group’s members headed off to college and to the Vietnam War, the original band fell apart.
During the summer of 1999, and after 30 years, a reunion of the band was organized and once again, “The Attractions” were all together.
Chamber staff Toni Anne Wheeler and Wanda Garrett are recruiting volunteers to assist in several capacities for the AA5 event – check-in table, Coca-Cola wagon and beverage stations. Volunteer times are 5 to 7 p.m. and 7 until 9 p.m. A free t-shirt to be worn while volunteering is “yours to keep.”
The Chamber looks forward to seeing everyone August 15!
Connect With The Author
- VGCC Holds Convocation, Recognizes Employees’ Years of Service - August 20, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Set for ‘Cruise-In’ and ‘Movie Under the Stars’ - August 20, 2019
- Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist to Host Choir Day 2019 - August 20, 2019
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019