100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
The Granville County Chamber of Commerce’s second Alive After Five event of 2019 will be held Thursday evening, August 15, from 5:30 until 8:30 pm in the parking lot at VanNess Chevrolet, downtown Creedmoor.
Join the Chamber as we celebrate our 16th year of AA5 events with incredible entertainment and concessions provided by Chamber members – Chick-fil-A, Williamson’s Country Store and Grill, Coca-Cola and Long Beverage.
Music will be provided by the popular “The Attractions Band,” which originally formed in 1965 when “a group of teenagers from Burlington formed a local band in the basement of a music store.”
The band went on to “open for and were the backup band for well-known performers such as ‘The Tams,’ Clifford Curry, Jimmy Ruffin, ‘The Fifth Dimension’ and ‘The Platters.’”
As the group’s members headed off to college and to the Vietnam War, the original band fell apart.
During the summer of 1999, and after 30 years, a reunion of the band was organized and once again, “The Attractions” were all together.
Chamber staff Toni Anne Wheeler and Wanda Garrett are recruiting volunteers to assist in several capacities for the AA5 event – check-in table, Coca-Cola wagon and beverage stations. Volunteer times are 5 to 7 p.m. and 7 until 9 p.m. A free t-shirt to be worn while volunteering is “yours to keep.”
The Chamber looks forward to seeing everyone August 15!
Connect With The Author
- No Charge Food Distribution Scheduled for Thurs., Dec. 12 - December 9, 2019
- McGregor Hall to Offer Three Performances of ‘Black Nativity’ - December 9, 2019
- Oxford’s Newly Elected to be Administered Oath of Office – Dec. 10 - December 9, 2019
- Enjoy ‘Pancakes With Santa’ at Crystal River Church of God - December 9, 2019
- Propane Safety Paramount as Cold Weather Approaches - December 9, 2019
- VCRFM 2019 Season Ends This Weekend! - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Undercover Operation Ends in Two Drug Arrests - December 6, 2019
- Henderson City Council to Swear In Newly Elected Officials at Mon. Meeting - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Dec. 9 - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools to Host District-Wide Family Night Dec. 10 - December 6, 2019