-Press Release, N.C. Department of Transportation
Thanks to two N.C. Department of Transportation contracts, a short bridge located just south of Creedmoor will be getting some much-needed repairs and nearly 36 miles of Granville County roads will be resurfaced.
As early as February 25, contractors from National Bridge Builders will be able to start repairing the Northside Road bridge extending over Ledge Creek. Built in 1956, the bridge is due for upgrades, as its average daily use is expected to increase by nearly 100 percent by 2039.
The contract was awarded for just over $1 million and crews will have until September 15 to complete work and reopen the bridge for traffic.
The posted off-site detour will utilize Cash Road, South Durham Avenue, West Hillsboro Street and South Elm Street.
In a separate project, several roads in the county will see surface improvements. They include portions of N.C. 50 and N.C. 56, as well as Rock Springs Church Road between Bruce Garner Road and the Wake County line.
This $4.4 million contract was awarded to Carolina Sunrock of Raleigh. The contractor can begin the roadway resurfacing as early as June 1 and must be finished by June 30, 2020.
These projects are two of 14 highway and bridge projects recently awarded by the Department. As required by state law, the contracts went to the lowest qualified bidder. They are worth $144.4 million.
Connect With The Author
- Vance County Schools Addresses Coronavirus Concerns - February 28, 2020
- Granville Tourism Development Authority Wins Regional Award - February 28, 2020
- Reminder: One-Stop Early Voting for March Primary Ends This Weekend - February 28, 2020
- Perry Memorial Library and VITA Offering Free Tax Preparation Services - February 28, 2020
- H-V Chamber of Commerce Announces 2020 Sponsorship Opportunities - February 28, 2020
- Granville Board of Education to Meet March 2 - February 28, 2020
- Deported Alien, Found in Warren Co., Indicted on Illegal Reentry Charges - February 28, 2020
- Local Granville-Vance Health Director Attends White House Coronavirus Briefing - February 27, 2020
- VGCC Succeeds By Going ‘All-In’ for CDL - February 27, 2020
- Tax Assistance Available for Veterans, Elderly/Disabled Warren Residents - February 27, 2020