-Press Release, N.C. Department of Transportation
Thanks to two N.C. Department of Transportation contracts, a short bridge located just south of Creedmoor will be getting some much-needed repairs and nearly 36 miles of Granville County roads will be resurfaced.
As early as February 25, contractors from National Bridge Builders will be able to start repairing the Northside Road bridge extending over Ledge Creek. Built in 1956, the bridge is due for upgrades, as its average daily use is expected to increase by nearly 100 percent by 2039.
The contract was awarded for just over $1 million and crews will have until September 15 to complete work and reopen the bridge for traffic.
The posted off-site detour will utilize Cash Road, South Durham Avenue, West Hillsboro Street and South Elm Street.
In a separate project, several roads in the county will see surface improvements. They include portions of N.C. 50 and N.C. 56, as well as Rock Springs Church Road between Bruce Garner Road and the Wake County line.
This $4.4 million contract was awarded to Carolina Sunrock of Raleigh. The contractor can begin the roadway resurfacing as early as June 1 and must be finished by June 30, 2020.
These projects are two of 14 highway and bridge projects recently awarded by the Department. As required by state law, the contracts went to the lowest qualified bidder. They are worth $144.4 million.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019