100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Cynthia Bowen, City Clerk, City of Oxford
The City of Oxford Board of Commissioners will hold their regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, December 10, 2019, at 7 p.m. in the Commissioners’ Board Room, City Hall in Oxford.
Agenda items include:
Consider accepting the official results of the municipal election held on November 5, 2019.
Consider appointing Justin Paynter and Ashley Newton to the Recreation Advisory Committee.
Presentations to and remarks by outgoing Commissioners.
30 MINUTE RECESS – refreshments will be served in the first-floor lobby.
Administering the Oath of Office to elected officials – City Manager, M. Alan Thornton
- Jackie Sergent – Mayor-Elect – Administering Oath, Carolyn J. Thompson
- Ron Bullock – Commissioner-Elect – Administering Oath, S. Katherine Burnette
- John Tovey – Commissioner-Elect – Administering Oath, Cynthia Bowen NCCMC/CMC, City Clerk
- Teresa S. Gilreath – Commissioner-Elect – Administering Oath, Mayor Jacqueline Sergent
Reconvene for the purpose of conducting business by Mayor Sergent.
Elect Mayor Pro Tempore.
Consider appointment of City Clerk, Cynthia Bowen.
Consider appointment of City Attorney, J. Thomas Burnette.
Administering the Oath of Office:
- Mayor Pro Tempore – Administering Oath, (To be selected by Mayor Pro Tempore elect)
- City Clerk – Administering Oath, Jacqueline Sergent, Mayor
- City Attorney – Administering Oath, S. Katherine Burnette, 19th District Judge
Appointment of Board Committees:
- Budget & Finance
- Public Safety
- Public Works, Water, & Infrastructure
- Recreation, Parks, & Environment
- Property, Building, & Real Estate
- Planning, Business & Community Development
Appointment of City Representatives:
- COG Representative
- DOEDC Representative
- Kerr Lake Regional Water System Representative
- Granville Greenways Advisory Council
- Masonic Home For Children Community Advisory Committee
Remarks by Newly Elected Officials.
Please click here for the full meeting agenda.
Connect With The Author
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020
- Fairytale Characters to Take Over McGregor Hall! - January 24, 2020
- Granville Commissioners Call Special Meeting on JTOH Lease Appeal - January 24, 2020
- VGCC Continues Enrollment Growth Trend - January 24, 2020
- Friday Institute Showcases Partnership With Vance Co. Schools - January 24, 2020
- West End Community Watch Hears on Importance of CPR Training - January 24, 2020
- Plenty of Community Events Offered in Granville This Winter - January 24, 2020
- Mims Charged With Abduction of Children - January 24, 2020
- VCS Announces Innovative School Application Dates/Deadlines - January 23, 2020
- Granville County BOE Continues Negotiation to Lease JTOH - January 23, 2020