Congratulations to Oxford Preparatory School sophomores Danny Gillis and Ian Simmons for their selection to represent the Griffins at the 2018 HOBY Leadership Seminar. Danny is the son of Kay and Peter Gillis from Wake Forest, NC. Ian, son of Candace and Demmarcus Simmons, is from Henderson, NC. The two young leaders were selected by the teaching staff of OPS based upon their critical thinking skills, creative approach to problem solving, sensitivity to the needs of others, courage to speak out, willingness to respectfully challenge the status quo and an interest in serving the community.
Since 1958, the Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership organization has provided transformative leadership development training that positively impacts the lives of students across the United States. In North Carolina, sophomores from across the state will spend 4 days on the campus of NC State University where they will be engaged in a fun, life-changing experience while they cultivate leadership skills that will serve them long into the future.
Connect With The Author
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019
- Five Aliens Indicted on Illegal Reentry Charges, Two Found in Granville Co. - August 16, 2019
- Animal Services to Waive Adoption Fees for National Clear the Shelter Event - August 15, 2019
- Annual ‘Cops on Top’ Event to Raise Money for Special Olympics of NC - August 15, 2019