Congratulations to Oxford Preparatory School sophomores Danny Gillis and Ian Simmons for their selection to represent the Griffins at the 2018 HOBY Leadership Seminar. Danny is the son of Kay and Peter Gillis from Wake Forest, NC. Ian, son of Candace and Demmarcus Simmons, is from Henderson, NC. The two young leaders were selected by the teaching staff of OPS based upon their critical thinking skills, creative approach to problem solving, sensitivity to the needs of others, courage to speak out, willingness to respectfully challenge the status quo and an interest in serving the community.
Since 1958, the Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership organization has provided transformative leadership development training that positively impacts the lives of students across the United States. In North Carolina, sophomores from across the state will spend 4 days on the campus of NC State University where they will be engaged in a fun, life-changing experience while they cultivate leadership skills that will serve them long into the future.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019