-Information courtesy Andrew Swanner, Executive Director, Oxford Preparatory School
Applications for new 5th – 12th grade student enrollments for the 2019 – 2020 school year have been available at oxfordprep.org since Open Enrollment began on October 29. Oxford Preparatory School (OPS) is an independent and tuition-free public charter school that is designed to mold students into future leaders through completion of a rigorous curriculum while focusing on community service and developing an appreciation of the arts. OPS offers a college preparatory curriculum, a variety of competitive middle school and varsity athletic teams, and is located at 6041 Landis Rd. in Oxford.
To be considered for a potential lottery, all applications must be submitted online by Friday, February 1, 2019. If more applications are received than available seats in the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade, a blind public lottery will be held on Saturday, February 9, 2019. All students choosing to attend OPS will need to confirm enrollment by completing and sending in an enrollment packet by Friday, March 15, 2019. After February 1, applications received at the end of the waiting list as determined by the lottery.
Oxford Preparatory School invites families of prospective students to learn more about the unique offerings of the school. The final of three information sessions will be held on Saturday, January 19 at 10 a.m. Afterward, tours will be conducted that will allow the opportunity to meet faculty.
In addition, prospective students are invited to spend time visiting the school on the final of three Shadow Days so they can experience our unique school program firsthand. Visiting students accompany OPS student guides through their classes during a four-hour visit. It’s a chance to meet the staff and the students and to get a snapshot view of our engaging college preparatory classes. The final shadow day will take place on Friday, January 18 from 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Please call the Oxford Preparatory School office at (919) 690- 0360, or email Office Manager, Karen Brown at [email protected] to make an appointment.
For additional comment, please contact Andrew Swanner, Oxford Preparatory School Executive Director at [email protected] or by calling (919) 690-0360.
(This is not a paid advertisement)
Connect With The Author
- Cocaine, Heroin Among Drugs Seized at State St. Residence - January 16, 2019
- VCHS to Hold Information Session for Freshmen & Their Parents - January 16, 2019
- Motor Vehicle Break-In at Davis Chapel Baptist Church - January 16, 2019
- Granville Co. Library System to Forgive Library Fees, Fines - January 16, 2019
- Govt. Shutdown Prompts Vance Co. Schools to Reduce Lunch Menu Offerings - January 15, 2019
- Registration Underway for 9th Annual Warrenton Junior Firefighter Competition - January 15, 2019
- NCDHHS to Offer Free Residential Testing Kits in Honor of Radon Action Month - January 15, 2019
- The Platters to Perform at McGregor Hall – Jan. 26 - January 15, 2019
- Upcoming Winter/Spring Events at Aycock Rec. Center - January 15, 2019
- DWI Suspected in Wreck Involving Henderson Police Car, Two Other Vehicles - January 14, 2019