-Information courtesy Andrew Swanner, Executive Director, Oxford Preparatory School
Applications for new 5th – 12th grade student enrollments for the 2019 – 2020 school year have been available at oxfordprep.org since Open Enrollment began on October 29. Oxford Preparatory School (OPS) is an independent and tuition-free public charter school that is designed to mold students into future leaders through completion of a rigorous curriculum while focusing on community service and developing an appreciation of the arts. OPS offers a college preparatory curriculum, a variety of competitive middle school and varsity athletic teams, and is located at 6041 Landis Rd. in Oxford.
To be considered for a potential lottery, all applications must be submitted online by Friday, February 1, 2019. If more applications are received than available seats in the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade, a blind public lottery will be held on Saturday, February 9, 2019. All students choosing to attend OPS will need to confirm enrollment by completing and sending in an enrollment packet by Friday, March 15, 2019. After February 1, applications received at the end of the waiting list as determined by the lottery.
Oxford Preparatory School invites families of prospective students to learn more about the unique offerings of the school. The final of three information sessions will be held on Saturday, January 19 at 10 a.m. Afterward, tours will be conducted that will allow the opportunity to meet faculty.
In addition, prospective students are invited to spend time visiting the school on the final of three Shadow Days so they can experience our unique school program firsthand. Visiting students accompany OPS student guides through their classes during a four-hour visit. It’s a chance to meet the staff and the students and to get a snapshot view of our engaging college preparatory classes. The final shadow day will take place on Friday, January 18 from 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Please call the Oxford Preparatory School office at (919) 690- 0360, or email Office Manager, Karen Brown at [email protected] to make an appointment.
For additional comment, please contact Andrew Swanner, Oxford Preparatory School Executive Director at [email protected] or by calling (919) 690-0360.
(This is not a paid advertisement)
Connect With The Author
- ‘Charlotte’s Web’ to Delight School Children, Families Alike - March 25, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Announces Upcoming End-of-Year Activities - March 25, 2019
- West End Community Watch Hears From Animal Services at March Meeting - March 25, 2019
- Rec. Baseball & Softball Opening Ceremony/Picture Day to Honor Local Youth - March 25, 2019
- United Way’s 2019 Grant Application Process Now Open - March 22, 2019
- Register Now for 14th Annual Relay for Life KLCC Golf Tournament - March 22, 2019
- VGCC to Offer Open House at All Four Campuses - March 22, 2019
- Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Day – April 27 - March 22, 2019
- H-V Recreation & Parks to Hold Upcoming Egg Hunt at Two Locations - March 22, 2019
- DNA Analysis Subject of Upcoming Thornton Library Program - March 22, 2019