— press release courtesy of Oxford Prep
Applications for new 6th – 12th grade student enrollments for the 2018 – 2019 school year have been available at oxfordprep.org and available in the school office when Open Enrollment began in November. Oxford Preparatory School (OPS) is an independent and tuition-free public charter school that is designed to mold students into future leaders through completion of a rigorous curriculum while focusing on community service and developing an appreciation of the arts. OPS offers a college preparatory curriculum, a variety of competitive middle school and varsity athletic teams, and is located in a permanent facility at 6041 Landis Rd. in Oxford.
To be considered for a potential lottery, all applications must be turned in to the office or postmarked by Friday, February 2, 2018. If more applications are received than available seats in the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade a blind public lottery will be held on Saturday, February 17, 2018. All students choosing to attend OPS will need to confirm enrollment by completing and sending in an enrollment packet by Friday, March 16, 2018. After February 2, applications will continue to be accepted, and processed in the order they are received.
Oxford Preparatory School invites families of prospective students to learn more about the unique offerings of the school. The final of three information sessions will be held on Thursday 1/18 at 6:00. Afterwards, tours will be conducted that will allow the opportunity to meet faculty. In addition, prospective students are invited to spend time visiting the school on the final of three Shadow Days so they can experience our unique school program firsthand. Visiting students accompany OPS student guides through their classes during a four-hour visit. It’s a chance to meet the staff and the students and to get a snapshot view of our engaging college preparatory classes. The final shadow day will take place on Monday 1/22 from 8:30 – 12:30. Please call the Oxford Preparatory School office at (919)690-0360, or email our Office Manager, Kate Reetz at [email protected] to make an appointment.
Connect With The Author
- VGCC Trustee L. Opie Frazier Jr. Awarded Order of the Long Leaf Pine - July 17, 2018
- Granville Co. Residents Encouraged to Register for ‘Code Red’ Notification Service - July 17, 2018
- Voting Informational to be Held at Perry Memorial Library, Sat., July 21 - July 17, 2018
- Lunch Break to Educate: Canva for Your Small Business - July 17, 2018
- Oxford’s Public Works Committee to Meet Thurs., July 19 - July 17, 2018
- Theft From Construction Site of Henderson Collegiate School - July 16, 2018
- Simmons to Hold ‘Coffee With A Candidate’ Meet and Greet - July 16, 2018
- Families Living Violence Free to Hold Quarter Auction at Vino Oasi - July 16, 2018
- U.S. Forfeits $700K+ in Proceeds Seized from Convenience Store Operators - July 16, 2018
- Granville Co. Crime Stoppers: Larceny in New Applewood Subdivision - July 16, 2018