— press release courtesy of Oxford Prep
Applications for new 6th – 12th grade student enrollments for the 2018 – 2019 school year have been available at oxfordprep.org and available in the school office when Open Enrollment began in November. Oxford Preparatory School (OPS) is an independent and tuition-free public charter school that is designed to mold students into future leaders through completion of a rigorous curriculum while focusing on community service and developing an appreciation of the arts. OPS offers a college preparatory curriculum, a variety of competitive middle school and varsity athletic teams, and is located in a permanent facility at 6041 Landis Rd. in Oxford.
To be considered for a potential lottery, all applications must be turned in to the office or postmarked by Friday, February 2, 2018. If more applications are received than available seats in the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade a blind public lottery will be held on Saturday, February 17, 2018. All students choosing to attend OPS will need to confirm enrollment by completing and sending in an enrollment packet by Friday, March 16, 2018. After February 2, applications will continue to be accepted, and processed in the order they are received.
Oxford Preparatory School invites families of prospective students to learn more about the unique offerings of the school. The final of three information sessions will be held on Thursday 1/18 at 6:00. Afterwards, tours will be conducted that will allow the opportunity to meet faculty. In addition, prospective students are invited to spend time visiting the school on the final of three Shadow Days so they can experience our unique school program firsthand. Visiting students accompany OPS student guides through their classes during a four-hour visit. It’s a chance to meet the staff and the students and to get a snapshot view of our engaging college preparatory classes. The final shadow day will take place on Monday 1/22 from 8:30 – 12:30. Please call the Oxford Preparatory School office at (919)690-0360, or email our Office Manager, Kate Reetz at [email protected] to make an appointment.
Connect With The Author
- Don’t Miss WIZS’ Town Talk on Monday: Q&A With Vance Co. Sheriff Candidates - October 12, 2018
- Maria Parham Franklin to Open Doors on October 15 - October 12, 2018
- Reminder: Vance Co. Sheriff Candidates’ Forum is This Sun., Oct. 14 - October 12, 2018
- ‘Look, Listen & Learn’ Fire Prevention Day Canceled - October 12, 2018
- Vance Co. Fire Commission to Discuss Restructuring – Wed., Oct. 17 - October 12, 2018
- Franklin Co. Reports Discharge of Untreated Wastewater From Two Pump Stations - October 12, 2018
- Granville Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Oct. 15 - October 12, 2018
- Loose Leaf Collection in Oxford Runs Mid-Oct. Through Mid-Jan. - October 12, 2018
- Duke Energy Update: 27K+ Without Power Locally, Restoration Could Take Days - October 12, 2018
- UPDATE: All Campuses of VGCC CLOSED Today - October 12, 2018