-Press Release, Oxford Preparatory School
Oxford Preparatory School (OPS), a free public charter school, is pleased to announce that MaryAnn Crews will be joining the leadership team as Lower School Director beginning July 2019.
In the coming 2019-2020 school year, the OPS Lower School is expanding down to serve the 5th grade. Beginning in August 2020, the school will again expand to become a full K-12 school. Because of this expansion, the new role of Lower School Director has been created. Vici Bradsher will remain in the role of Upper School Director.
MaryAnn Crews has 14 years of experience in education including her roles as a 5th-grade teacher, an assistant principal, and principal. She has an undergraduate degree from Wellesley College and a Masters in School Administration from the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill.
She was a recipient of a North Carolina Principal Fellowship in 2011, as well as a recipient of Teacher and Principal of the Year for Granville County Schools. She is a resident of Oxford, along with her husband and two children.
“I am excited to join Oxford Prep to create an innovative and rigorous lower school program for students in Granville County. I believe schools should be places filled with joy where students are challenged daily to be the best they can be,” Crews remarked about the new opportunity.
“Among the many applicants for the position, MaryAnn’s passion, track record, and vision for the Lower School made her stand out from all of the applicants,” OPS Executive Director, Andrew Swanner commented. “The OPS Board and leadership team are thrilled to have MaryAnn join our organization.”
Connect With The Author
- Third Arrest Made in Homicide of Adonious Hawkins Jr. - July 22, 2019
- Reminder: Youth to Entertain With ‘Lion King, Jr’ This Weekend - July 22, 2019
- Granville Selects Open Broadband, LLC to Expand Internet Access - July 22, 2019
- US Attorney’s Office Partners With AARP & FBI on Elder Justice Initiative - July 22, 2019
- Vance Public Safety Committee Meeting Rescheduled - July 22, 2019
- BoE Announces Henderson Candidates; Filing Extended for 3rd Ward - July 19, 2019
- Town of Kittrell, Middleburg Nov. Election Candidates Announced - July 19, 2019
- State Cabinet Secretary Visits VGCC - July 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Board of Election Releases Candidate Names - July 19, 2019
- VCSO: Silver Alert Issued for Robert Lewis Rogers - July 19, 2019