-Press Release, Oxford Preparatory School
Oxford Preparatory School (OPS), a free public charter school, is pleased to announce that MaryAnn Crews will be joining the leadership team as Lower School Director beginning July 2019.
In the coming 2019-2020 school year, the OPS Lower School is expanding down to serve the 5th grade. Beginning in August 2020, the school will again expand to become a full K-12 school. Because of this expansion, the new role of Lower School Director has been created. Vici Bradsher will remain in the role of Upper School Director.
MaryAnn Crews has 14 years of experience in education including her roles as a 5th-grade teacher, an assistant principal, and principal. She has an undergraduate degree from Wellesley College and a Masters in School Administration from the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill.
She was a recipient of a North Carolina Principal Fellowship in 2011, as well as a recipient of Teacher and Principal of the Year for Granville County Schools. She is a resident of Oxford, along with her husband and two children.
“I am excited to join Oxford Prep to create an innovative and rigorous lower school program for students in Granville County. I believe schools should be places filled with joy where students are challenged daily to be the best they can be,” Crews remarked about the new opportunity.
“Among the many applicants for the position, MaryAnn’s passion, track record, and vision for the Lower School made her stand out from all of the applicants,” OPS Executive Director, Andrew Swanner commented. “The OPS Board and leadership team are thrilled to have MaryAnn join our organization.”
Connect With The Author
- Education Veteran to Address VGCC Basic Skills Grads - April 23, 2019
- Let’s End School Bullying! ‘Stop Bullying for Jacob’ Forum – May 6 - April 23, 2019
- Kerr Lake Park Watch: Upcoming 2019 Fishing Tournaments - April 23, 2019
- ‘A Tribute to Sammy Davis, Jr.’ by David Hayes Coming to McGregor Hall - April 23, 2019
- Franklin Co. Sheriff’s Office Arrests Accused Sex Offender - April 23, 2019
- Oxford Public Safety Committee to Discuss Parking, U-Turns – April 25 - April 23, 2019
- Reminder: Vance Co. Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Event Next Sat.! - April 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market to Open Season With Spring Fling - April 19, 2019
- VGCC Names 134 Students to Fall Semester Dean’s List - April 19, 2019
- Kerr Lake Country Club to Celebrate 55 Years With ‘Business After Hours’ - April 19, 2019