100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Cynthia Bowen, City Clerk, City of Oxford
As an add-on agenda item to their Tuesday, August 13 meeting, the City of Oxford Board of Commissioners will consider accepting the Granville County Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee Grant award for purchase and installation of a “Cruiser Inclusive Rocker” at Hix Playground.
On July 3, 2019, the Granville County Board of Commissioners approved a $19,500 allocation made by the Granville County Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee for the ADA Rocker Project. The City of Oxford Finance Department received the grant funds August 12, 2019.
The “Cruiser Inclusive Rocker” is the first piece of equipment at a Granville County playground that allows users to incorporate a wheelchair during play. The Cruiser is both wheelchair accessible and accessible by children of all abilities at the same time.
The Parks and Recreation Department will also purchase and install a “Touch & Play Piano panel” and a drum panel as part of the playground improvement. The music panels are accessible and will allow children of all abilities to experience and enjoy the benefits of music. The panels aid in the development of fine motor skills & control including coordination and balance.
Staff recommends accepting and utilizing the grant funds within the fiscal year 2020 for the purchase and installation of the “Cruiser Inclusive Rocker” at Hix Park Playground.
Connect With The Author
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019
- Five Aliens Indicted on Illegal Reentry Charges, Two Found in Granville Co. - August 16, 2019
- Animal Services to Waive Adoption Fees for National Clear the Shelter Event - August 15, 2019
- Annual ‘Cops on Top’ Event to Raise Money for Special Olympics of NC - August 15, 2019